Green Engineering Jobs the Careers, News & Information Centre for the Renewable Energy & Environmental Industries
Go To HOME PAGE
Wind by Country,
Small Wind Co's,
Wind Tech Explained.
Offshore Wind Farms
- AMEC- AMEC on London, worlds' 3rd largest engineering firm. AMEC Wind bought by see-Vattenfall in 2008. Bought Border Wind-built Blyth Wind Project w/ Shell, plans to build windfarms worldwide-, 47MW Skye Windfarm, 234 turbine, 702MW Isle of Lewis for (see) British Energy.
- ARCADIS-ARCAD on Euronext, large European engineering/consulting firm. Offshore wind Venotec East 2.
- Areva-CIE on EPA (Paris)- huge co, nuclear focus, nuclear waste disposal issues, 40 countries, has Jeumont 750kW wind turbine, 2006 bought 21% of see REpower, 2007 bidding war with Suzlon for REpower-after bidding war entered a voting-pool-agreement with see-Suzlon. 2008 is using 400MW (80X5MW- $500M) Multibrid (see-Prokon) for Borkum West II offshore windfarm. June 2008-has sold minority interest in REpower, owns majority interest in see-Multibrid.
- Ballast Nedam-BALNE on AMS- Euronext Amsterdam. engineering. helped build Egmond aan Zee Offshore Windfarm, together with Evelop building the 300MW Scheveningen Buiten offshore windfarm. Evelop, a subsidiary of Econcern, has 2200MW offshore projects in planning stages. Econcern has DanwinD BV offshore direct drive wind turbine.
- Centrica-CNA on LSE, large UK power and gas co., building offshore UK windfarms- Lynn, Inner Dowsing, 50% of Barrow, 50% of Braes of Doune, Lincolnshire.
- CNOOC-0883 on HKSE, CEO on NYSE (ADR), manages Bohai Bay 1GW offshore wind project, world's largest offshore project.
- Emera Inc- EMA on TSX, power producer, retailer in Nova Scotia, gas pipelines, owns
- NS Power Holdings Incorporated-large hydro plus has 100MW wind power under contract. 5 offshore turbines planned. Has also 20 MWAnnapolis tidal power generator.
- Energiekontor AG- WKN 531350, symbol EKT, ISIN DE0005313506 on FSE, ETR, BER, MUN, STU, DUS, HAM; has built 64 windfarms, 450MW. German wind park builder. One of the hottest IPO's for 2000. can invest in windparks and solarparks and wind or solar funds on site. is working on Offshore-Windpark Nordergrunde.
- ENMAX-on TSX, has invested in see-Naikun.
- E.ON-EON on NYSE, EOA on ETR, FSE; large German energy co. -nuclear, working on 1000MW London Array with Shell + CORE Ltd, has stakes in 20 windfarms, working on Solway Firth, Swansea Bay, 60MW Scroby Sands, 180MW Robin Rigg, 280MW Delta Nordsee offshore projects; bought Powergen in 2001, a large UK wind power co. that has 130MW windfarms + 76MW Scroby Sands Windfarm offshore Great Yarmouth. see also solar.
- Fluor-FLR on NYSE, 500MW Greater Gabbard Offshore Winds Ltd-140 turbines jv with Airtricity, also 341 turbine London Array, 100 turbine Thanet project.
- Global Winds Harvest Inc-invest at site; 400MW offshore windfarm in USA planned (Texas offshore)
- HITZ-7004 on TSE, Hitachi Zosen Co. engineering firm -working on a concept of an Offshore Floating-type Wind Turbine Generating System, development of a full scale system is underway.
- JFE Holdings Inc-5411 on TSE, 2008 to buy 35% of see Hitachi-Zosen.
- Marubeni Corp- Local code 8002 on TSE, WKN 860414, symbol MARA, ISIN JP3877600001 on ETR,FSE,BER,MUN,DUS, MARUF.PK on OTC; 2000MW generating power, 500MW renewables. jv with Gamesa and J-Power. jv with J-Power bought 64MW windfarms in Spain, participates in S. Korea's first windfarm, a 40MW farm by Unison and second 98MW Gangwon Windfarm-09/2006 online. jv w/ Catamount on 50MW Glebe Mountain in US. 43% of JMD Greenhouse Gas Reduction Co Ltd-windfarms and 40 Million tonne HFC23 Juhua (China) CDM project. 2012 floating wind turbine, see-floating wind turbine- March 6, 2012 Promising Floating Offshore Wind Farm Project Starts off Fukushima Prefecture
- Naikun Windfarm- NKW on TSX.V, 1,750MW offshore project planned for BC. ENMAX to do the engineering. recent contracts signed with Germanisher Lloyd, Siemens Power Transmission + Distribution, and the Haida Nation.
- Norsk Hydro-NHY ADR on NYSE, 2002 windpark in Masoy, northern Norway 16 X N80 Nordex = 40MW, experimenting with floating turbine foundations for water depths of 200-300m. Current windfarms are at 30m max. also getting into solar.
- Nuon- ticker, with Shell in Egmond aan Zee Offshore Windfarm. sold China wind assets to see-China Resources Power Holdings Company Ltd.
- Plambeck Neue Enegien AG- WKN 691032, symbol PNE, on ETR,FSE,BER,MUN,STU,DUS,HAM, ISIN DE000A0JBPG2; also has 2 bonds trading on stock market. Windpark projects on and offshore. Financial difficulties in 2005. 2006 going good- 49 turbines, 98MW in 2006, 80X5MW North Sea Gode Wind project, agreement with see Babcock + Brown Wind Partners for 300MW of turnkey projects. SSP Technology A/S Danish windblade manufacturer for co's windparks. 2008- 84 windfarms, 651MW, + 7 offshore windparks in planning-2700MW.
- Prysmian SpA-Prysmian on Milan, HVDC submersible cables, installation
- RWE-WKN 703712 on Xetra, large German power co, has nuclear, has large windpower holdings via npowerrenewables, + 250MW of windfarms via see Harpen in Germany + AERSA in Spain, +planning, construction, infrastructure used in windpark systems, windpark packages for networks via RWE Solutions AG. building windfarm in France with see Total, video of construction of Ffynnon Oer Wind Farm on website.- see also solar, ocean. member of e8.
- Shell-RDS.A and RDS.B on London, ADR's on NYSE, Royal Dutch Shell, a top ten windfarm asset owner; years ago built Blyth Offshore Wind Ltd project-(first offshore turbines in world), 2006-has 740MW in Europe + USA, 2006- developing NoordzeeWind, 108MW Egmond aan Zee Offshore Windfarm with Nuon, and London Array, a 1000MW UK offshore project with E.ON AG + CORE Ltd, and the 102MW Libron Project, offshore France with La Compagne du Vent., exploring wind in China; Cutter project in North Sea is 1st offshore gas field to be powered by wind & solar. 40MW Auwahi Wind Project on Maui (20% of Maui's energy). also big in solar. 2007- TXU subsidiary Luminant has jv with Shell to build 3000MW wind farm in Texas Panhandle.
- Talisman Energy -TLM on TSX, large oil co, in 2006 the Beatrice Wind Farm Demonstration Project- a deepwater demonstration project in its' Beatrice oilfield in the North Sea-25 km offshore Scotland, installs 2 x 5MW REpower turbines, output feeds Beatrice oil platform for now,-if 5 year demonstration project proves successful, plans a 1000MW windfarm 200 turbines (20% of Scotland's energy needs) -jv with Scottish + Southern Energy; Oil & Gas company active in Canada, UK, Algeria, Alaska, Malaysia, elsewhere. Of note, sold Sudan oil interests in 2003.
- Vattenfall Europe AG- big power co constructing offshore wind in Europe. bought AMEC Wind in 2008.
- BWEA Offshore 07-6th annual offshore wind conference, June 7, Liverpool.
- DOWNViND-Distant Offshore Wind Farms No Visual Impact in Deepwater, 18 organizations in 6 European countries.
- E3-offshore ship to build windfarm- with web cam.
- Offshore- info on offshore windfarms, who, where.
- UK Offshore-projects info web site.