Go To HOME PAGE,
- Ottawa unveils details of Smart Cities Challenge at FCM-June 2, 2017
- December 16, 2008 Note: The topic of Smart Grids/ Smart Homes/ Smart Appliances promises to be bigger than my entire site. Companies needed to be included will be too hard to keep up with and would span the entire economic spectrum basically. As such this page is intended only to introduce the topic.
- Today there are already many smart meter installations already in Europe. China is experimenting with it, Japan, the USA.
- Canada had one small test of demand management (without electronics) in 2007 (Ottawa Hydro) and BC has a streetlight program in 2008.
Smart Meters - Smart Grids
- First Trust-GRID on NASDAQ, First Trust Advisors NASDAQ Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure ETF to track equity index NASDAQ OMX Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index.
- 3M-MMM on NYSE
- ABB-ABB on NYSE, electrical
- Accenture-ACN on NYSE, application management services for Xcel smart grid project.
- AES-AES on NYSE, large utility which has tested Altair battery for grid stabilization service in 2007-2008.
- Altair Nanotechnologies Inc-ALTI on NASDAQ, 2MW grid battery with AES.
- Ambient Corp-ABTG on OTCBB, communication platform.
- Bglobal-BGBL on London AIM, smartMETERs.
- Comverge Inc.-COMV on NASDAQ, remote power control demand response products and controls.
- Duke Energy + GridPoint Inc, 1st commercial test of utility controlled 'smart charging' for plug-in hybrid car in 2008
- Echelon Corporation-ELON on NASDAQ, intelligent power products and controls including demand response. LonWorks Infrastructure. remote control of streetlights and anything else resulting in power savings.
- EnerNOC Inc.-ENOC on NASDAQ, power grid demand response control system.
- First Trust Advisors ETF - QGRD
- FMC-FMC on NYSE,
- Fuji Electric Holdings Co. Ltd.- code 6504 on Tokyo, LonWorks partnership with Echelon.
- Fumatama Wind Farm Smart Grid Project - Rokkasho Village, Aomori Prefecture, Japan, Japan Wind Development Co, Toyota, Panasonic, Hitachi.
- IBM-IBM on NYSE, smart grid electronics. see also-The Smarter City, also Smarter Planet.
- Invensys-IVSY on LON, IVNYY ADR on OTC, Wonderware software with see-Echelon for LonWorks.
- Johnson Controls-JCI on NYSE, Oct 08 acquires Gridlogix software.
- Matsushita Electric Works Ltd.-(now Panasonic?) 6991 on TSE, NYSE ADR: MC - Oct 2007 will have device for sale which monitors energy consumption for each branch circuit in domestic electrical system.
- Okamura Corp-7994 on TSE, OFFICE NAVI, power consumption visualization. office equipment manufacturer.
- Panasonic-Lifinity Home Energy Management System (HEMS), electric/water/gas visualization system.
- RuggedCom Inc-RCM on TSX, rugged smart grid communications equipment for -40 to +85 C.
- Streetlight Intelligence Inc-SLQ on TSX.V, Lumen SIMS products, remote control of streetlights.
- Toshiba-6502 on TSE, large nuclear and electronics firm, also is working with Echelon's LonWorks on smart cities projects.
- Xcel Energy- $100 million smart grid in Boulder, Colorado
- Vehicle to Grid Energy Storage Experiment Underway in California-BMW drivers will get paid $1,000 to delay charging i3 electric cars when utilities need to lessen energy demand., August 5, 2015, By Dana Hull, Bloomberg
- Benefit-Cost Analysis for Distributed Energy Resources- by Advanced Energy Economy Institute, Sept 2014
- New York and California are Building the Grid of the Future-RMI, Feb 18, 2015, by M. Crosby and D. Cross-Call
Keeping Up with the Joneses-RMI, Feb 11, 2015, Laurie Guevara-?Stone, Matt Lehrman, Devi Glick
- Four issues utilities should consider when incorporating distributed solar photovoltaic systems for building more resilient local communities-DNV.GL blog -Posted by Nicholas Abi-Samra February 5, 2015
- Easing the Renewable Energy TransitionErica Schroeder McConnell, The Interstate Renewable Energy Council, Inc., February 18, 2015
- QGRD-Smart Grid Infrastructure Index, NASDAQ
- event-Smart Grid Summit-25-28 Sept 2012, Singapore
- event-Smart Grid Workshop-July 5, 2012, Singapore
- smartmeters.com- news site, has market watch stock list
- ThinkProgress-RMI’s elab
- Futamata Wind Farm-world's first wind farm with high-capacity storage batteries - providing electricity for smartgrid project in Rokkasho Village, Aomori Prefecture, Japan, by Japan Wind Development Co, Toyota, Panasonic, Hitachi.
- stock list by Green Stocks Central
- Sustainable Electricity as the Foundation for Economic Recovery in North America- report by the Canadian Electricity Association.
- DRSG-Demand Response and Smart Grid Coalition
- Greenbox-web interface, started by same folks who created Flash, Macromedia.
- Grid Point-electronics
- JUCCCE- project in China.
- Edison Project>-Denmark
- Wikipedia-Smart Grids
- Smart Grid News
- Wattson-home power tracker
- Ambient Orb-programable color orb
- Intelligent Energy System Pilot-Singapore, EMA-Energy Market Authority
- The end of baseload? It may come sooner than you think-By Giles Parkinson on 20 February 2012, The only chance to come out of this economic crash is to go renewables. [what economic crash? See-From the Bernanke Put to the Yellen Trap, Debt Rattle 2014Feb 05, 2014, By: Raul_I_Meijer, and Bank of England Lights A Fuse Under the Field of Economics-Mar 19, 2014, By: Raul_I_Meijer