Go To HOME PAGE,
Solar by Country,
CSP Solar Thermal,
Solar Hot Water,
Solar Tech Explained.
- Acciona Energia Solar Gardens-ANA on MC, ACXIF on OTC.PK, OH4K on AIM, Spanish construction co with a new green building and environmental focus. 24MW solar panel plant in Moura Portugal, building 91MW solar power plant in Portugal. -subsidiary Solargenix was the system integrator and provider of the parabolic troughs for the 64MW Nevada 1 solar thermal plant (100,000 ft2 of parabolic mirrors 15' tall in 6 rows 1200' long) at Boulder City Nevada for Arizona Public Service Corp. In Spain the co sets up 'Solar Gardens'- 400 trackers with 279 owners of the individual trackers makes an interesting business model for building solar tracker parks, also has see-wind (EHN!).
- Borevind AB-BORE on STO, Stockholm, invests in wind/solar/ocean RE co's, Gallivare PhotoVoltaic AB.
- Capital Stage AG-CAP1 on FSE, WKN 609500, ISIN DE0006095003, private equity co. 39% of Inventux Technologies AG- 33MW modules, tech partner see-Oerlikon; see-ANTEC investment; minor stake in Conergy; 10% in Blue Tec- hot water.
- Capman Green Energy Fund AD Sofia-C4P on BUL, solar investments, 80% owned by Property Developers OOD.
- Das Gruene Emissionshaus- solar parks and wind farms to invest in at site. 320 MW financed to date.
- EE-Direct- Renewable Energy Funds, invest at site.
- Energiekontor AG- WKN 531350, symbol EKT, ISIN DE0005313506 on FSE, ETR, BER, MUN, STU, DUS, HAM; solar parks or solar funds to invest in at site, also wind.
- Energy Farming International AG-invest in solarparks, windfarms at site, finance firm for wind, solar, biogas, solarthermal; also will rent your roof.
- Epuron- part of see-Conergy, Germany-funds for investing in solar projects. 900kW PV project in Italy.
- ESAG Energy AG-ES8 on FSE(?), Swiss holding co invests in solar parks.
- F.A.M.E. AG-WKN AOBVVK, symbol FAM1, ISIN DE000AOBVVK7, on Xetra, FSE, others; investment co and management, 2005 to focus on solar energy + pv; proposed name change to solarequity AG.
- Fersa Energias Renovables SA-FRS on Madrid, CFRS on BETA-Barcelona, ES0136463017, Barcelona holding co investing in W/S/Biomass.
- IBC Solar-can invest in solar funds at site, solar since 1982, makes MEGALINE solar modules and systems.
- Legend Investment Corp-LVCP.PK on NASDAQ OTC, Feb 06 buys 51% of see-GiraSolar.
- Leipziger Solarpark-ZVH on FSE (LSH?), investment co in a solar park
- Mainfranken Solarfonds 3-2.9MWp projects- 2 fields in Bayern + 4 rooftops in Bayern, Thuringen, and Sachsen Anhalt. also available at see-Umweltbank (banks).
- *1-N E W Umwelt AG- WKN 635322 Germany, Valora OTC-over the counter, venture capital firm with two solar cos in portfolio. Solar-Wind GmbH, and SolarTec AG.
- Solar Power Inc-SOPW on OTCBB, of Roseville California, deal with GEMoney to finance customer purchases at Yes! Solar Solutions.
- Solargiga Energy Holdings-0757 on HKSE, April 2008 IPO, investment holding co. has investments in silicon and ingot+wafer companies.
- Sun Credit Development Ltd- bonds offered to build a 1.5MW solar park in Bulgaria.
- Tauris Solar AG-WKN A0HNJ7, symbol T9S, ISIN DE000AOHNJ76 on FFT,BER; 05/2006 listing on BER, new co planning investments in stock market listed solar cos. contact.
- UDI-at site, UDI UmweltDirektInvestBeratungsgeselschaft GmbH, Germany, direct investments.
- Umweltfinanz Wertpapierhandelsunternehmung AG- investment possibilities in German windfarms and solarparks.
- Wainwright Bank- WAIN on NASDAQ, Green loan program for homeowners with solar energy projects.
- WestFonds Solar 1- realestate funds co in Germany with one closed end solar fund.
- Welspun Group-532553 on BOM, 2011 pioneering solar backed securities from revenue of 15MW Gujurat solar farm.
- Co-op America-article on bonds
- Neue Energie magazine article, January 2006, listing 20 German bonds offered by 17 cos.
- Q-Cells- bonds available. WKN 555866, symbol QCE, ISIN DE0005558662, on Xetra, FSE, others; IPO October 2005, top cell producer in Europe, #2 worldwide in 06, manufacturer of mono and poly crystalline solar cells, 75 MW capacity/year, $130 M revenue. invested in CSG Solar of Australia (started jan 04 by former employees of Pacific Solar). one of top 5 solar cell makers worldwide. invested in see-Solaria. jv with see-Evergreen Solar and see-REC in EverQ cell plant in Germany.
- Solon Ag-see solar, has bond DE000AOEY6F7 stock market listed.
- Solarparc AG- WKN 635253, symbol SLXG on ETR,FSE,BER,MUN,STU,DUS,HAM, ISIN DE0006352537, OG1W on AIM; June 2005 name changed from Windwelt. 13.5MW solar parcs to be built. builds solarparcs and windfarms for third parties or for self. 24 solar parcs, 35 wind farms, 6.1% Funds available. see-SolarWorld owns 30%. will rent your roof. Suntrac trackers.
- Solarserver-has Plambeck and sunways bonds available.
- SolarWorld Ag- WKN 510840, IPO 23.11.1999, on ETR,FSE,BER,MUN,STU,DUS,HAM, also on Paris, SRWRF on NASDAQ; world's largest solar systems plus panel manufacturing- 1GW by 2010. Also has option to invest in bonds for 7 years at 7% at site. buys Shell's crystalline solar business in 2005. building 500MW wafer and mono-crystalline cell Solar Factory in Hillsboro, Oregon. subsidiary Deutsche Solar makes wafers.
- Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd.-STP on NYSE, WKN BOPO1N4, Symbol STP, ISIN US86800C1045, on ETR,FSE,BER,MUN,STU; China co., the top IPO of 2005 on NYSE. 150MW solar cell production from 6 production lines. 270MW module production. bought MSK of Japan-makes BIPV roofing products. 50MW thin film cell plant for 2009 at Caohejing Hi-tech Park in Shanghai planned. $425M offer of convertible senior notes due 2013 offered in 2008.
- sunways Ag- WKN 733220 on FSE + Xetra Neuen Markt, ISIN DE0007332207, makes inverters + transparent solar modules that can double as windows. can invest in interest bearing corporate bonds on offer. bond DE000AOBNPNO stock market listed.
Derivatives & ETF's
- ABN AMRO Solar Index TR Index,RTH, $AAS\Y
- Claymore/MAC Global Solar Index (ETF)-TAN on NYSE, April 24, 2008, global solar etf.
- Commerzbank-Unlimited Turbo Certificates available for Conergy, ErSol, Q-Cells, SolarWorld.
- Deutsche Bank-two Call Options available for Suntech Power Holdings.
- ERIX-European Renewable Energy (Euro Currency) Index by Societe Generale and SAM. October 2005. calculated by STOXX, Societe Generale Open End Index Certificate available.
- ERIXD-European Renewable Energy (USD) Index by Societe Generale and SAM. October 2005. calculated by STOXX, Societe Generale Open End Index Certificate available.
- Market Vectors-Global Alternative Energy Index, a Van Eck ETF since May 2007, based on Ardour Global Index, 2007-NYMEX to introduce alternative energy index futures and options contracts.
- New Energy Fund LP-specialized hedge fund that only buys sustainable energy companies. started in 2003 by Mark Townsend Cox.
- SOLEX-name SOLEX.SG0911, symbol P20175, ISIN FR0010319400 -Mnemo Code 2017S on Paris Stock Exchange and Euronext Paris since April 24, 2006, also on Stuttgart; "100% Certificate" by Societe General based on the World Solar Energy Index (SOLEX) a DJIndex started March 30, 2006 quote- Reuters, Bloomberg; certificate represents/covers the 10 biggest international solar stocks as per SOLEX.
- SOLEX-World Solar Energy Index by Societe Generale of France. top 10 market listd Solar companies as determined by SAM, calculated by DJI. Turbo Certificates available from Societe Generale.
- SOLEX 2-Participation Certificate symbol SGOSUN, ISIN DE000SGOSUN4 on FSE,STU; Societe General Effecten GmbH Solar Index 2 06, Societe General certificate based on SOLEX. listed on Stuttgart Stock Exchange (STU).
- Van Eck Global Solar ETF-fund ticker KWT on AMEX, started 04/21/08. based on Ardour Solar Energy Index-index ticker SOLRX on AMEX. Pure Play Solar ETF.
Indexes Related to Solar