Go To HOME PAGE,
Solar by Country,
CSP Solar Thermal,
Solar Hot Water,
Solar Tech Explained.
BOS + Inverters Manufacturers
- ENF Solar-Solar Component Manufacturers list global
- Global PV Inverter Landscape Report-GTM Inverter Report 2015
- Solar PV Investor-website with inverter index.
- Photon International- April 2010 magazine has inverter market survey.
- ABB- ABB on NYSE, power inverters.
- Ablerex Electronics Co Ltd-3628 on TPO, makes inverters for PV.
- AccelRate Power Systems-APS on TSX.V, rapid battery chargers.
- Advanced Energy Industries Inc-AEIS on NASDAQ, gas flow control devices used in plasma based thin-film processing equipment, power conversion and control equipment.
- AeroVironment Inc-AVAV on Nasdaq, 2kW AND 5kW solar powered variable speed motor controllers with MPPT.
- Aros Quality Group AB-AQ on STO, makes inverters for PV.
- Beacon Power- BCON on NASDAQ, inverter technology, sustainable energy storage system + power conversion solution for RE, telecom, dist gen, and UPS.
- Carlos Garazzi Holding AG-GAV on SWF, makes inverters for PV.
- (I,CC)China Sunergy-CSUN ADR on NASDAQ, May 13, 2007 IPO. see-CEEG. 192MW mono + multi crystalline PV cells, panels, inverters, charge controllers.
- Chint-601877 on SHA, Zhejiang Chint Electrics Co Ltd.
- Conergy AG- WKN 604002, symbol CGY on ETR, FSE, BER, MUN, STU, DUS, HAM;, ISIN DE0006040025; CEYHF on OTC, O19Q on AIM; world's largest solar company. home power systems. building large solar parks in Europe, solar PV and thermal systems, inverters. March 2005 IPO. distributor of Unisolar products. SunTechnics subsidiary has solar thermal systems. 2007 building factory for 2008 production of 300MW wafers, 275MW cells, 250MW modules at Frankfurt/Oder., 2007 bought ETI (Alberta design and installation co).
- Cooper Industries-CBE on NYSE, electrical BOS -battery equalizers, DC-DC converters, fuses, surge protection, PV to 1500Vdc.
- Daihen Corp-6622 on TSE, inverters
- Darfon Electronics Corp-6622 on TYO (Taiwan), inverters
- Eaton Corporation PLC-ETN on NYSE, electrical system components
- Echelon Corporation-ELON on NASDAQ, see-SMA using i.LON SmartServer with Sunny Central 250U and Sunny Tower inverters. See also energy efficiency page.
- Emerson Electric Co.-EMR on NYSE
- Enphase Energy Inc-ENPH on NASDAQ, micro-inverters.
- GiraSolar Inc-GRSR.PK on NADSAQ OTC, symbol L21 on ETR,FSE, ISIN US3763431091; 04/2006 listing under symbol, umbrella organization for subsidiaries, partners, + affiliated entities. formerly a management and investment co. 02/2006 see-Legend Investment Corp USA (LVCP.PK on NASDAQ) buys 51% of GiroSolar BV, 04/2006 name change, ticker code change. makes via 100% Dutch Solar pv modules and BOS components, and via 51% Gira Solar Turkey and 100% Gira Mundo markets in Turkey, MidEast, Asia, E+W Africa, Latin America.
- Japan Power Fastening-5950 on Osaka, fasteners + screws, partnering to get into PV.
- Huawei Technology Co. Ltd.-002502 on SHE, inverters
- Kstar-002518 on SHE, Shenzhen Kstar Science and Technology, inverters, UPS, and VRLA batteries
- (I)Magnetek Inc-MAG on NYSE, transformerless 2.0 + 3.6 kW Aurora PV inverters, (Whitehall Ferry Terminal in NYC), power systems, also wind controllers.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.- 7011 on TSE, has inverters, 40MW amorphous silicon solar cell plant at Nagasaki, inverters, 18% efficient solar cells developed. see also wind.
- Nissin Electric Co. Ltd.- 6641 on TSE, electric power equipment, IT tech, Electron Beam Processing Equip, Ion Implanters, 3kW-300kW PV systems and inverters.
- Omron Electronics Components- code 6645 on Osaka, OMRNY on US OTC market., inverters, 9E series DC power relays-200A@400Vdc.
- Open Energy Corp- OEGY on NASDAQ OTCBB, sold O&G holdings in 2005, now has solar and water desalination, SolarSave BIPV roofing membrane. SunCone CSP tech is pre-commercial. Formerly was Barnabus Energy- BBSE on NASDAQ OTCBB.
- Ormat Industries Ltd-ORMT on TLV (web?), Israel co. off grid solar based Ormat Energy Converter.
- Power-One Inc-PWER on NASDAQ, makes inverters for PV.
- Sanyo Denki Co. Ltd.-6516 on TSE, inverters
- (I)SatCon Technology Corporation- SATC on NASDAQ, 30-500 kW inverters for solar and wind.
- Schneider Electric SA-SU on EPA, large electrical company, makes inverters for PV, fuses.
- (I)Shanghai Electric Group Co Ltd- code 2727 on HKSE, largest electromechanical industrial group in China, also has wind and solar divisions. see-Topsola, jv with see-Xantrex to make inverters.
- Schneider Electric SE-SU on EPA, bought Xantrex in 2008
- Sharp Corporation-6753 on TSE, worlds' #1 largest in 06, #2 in 07 (see-Q-Cells), 428MW March 05, 2007/8 building 1000MW/year thin film solar cell plant. +110 expansion at Wrexham, solar panel manufacturer. Has opened a USA shop and a 220MW mono + polycrystalline plant in Wrexham, North Wales. treatment of wastewater from semiconductor plants. Building a 1GW plant in Japan. 2009-PV monitoring device
- (I)Siemens Ag- WKN 723610 on Xetra. ticker also on DAX, London, Paris &other European markets, was the worlds largest solar co. In Jan. 2002 sold Siemens und Shell Solar GmbH, one part of it's solar business, a solar j.v with E.ON and Shell Renewables to Shell. no longer makes solar cells but builds decentralized power supply systems. big research department.
- Solar-Fabrik AG Neu- WKN661471 on FSE. geregelten markt, symbol SFX, DE0006614712; SLFBF on OTC.PK, OFZP on AIM; Germany. makes solar modules, sells complete systems, inverters, planning, construction. homepage says it is a private co. info at site re investing. restructured 2006. bought Malaysia's Global Expertise Wafer Division Ltd. in 2005, 2006 getting into wafer processing and making solar cells.
- SMA Solar Technology AG-S92 on FSE, June 2008 IPO, Sunny Boy inverters.
- Sungrow Power Supply Co Ltd-300274 on SHE, Nov 2011 IPO, 500kW inverters for solar and wind.
- (I)sunways Ag- WKN 733220 on FSE + Xetra Neuen Markt, ISIN DE0007332207, makes inverters + transparent solar modules that can double as windows. can invest in interest bearing corporate bonds on offer.
- (I)Sustainable Energy Technologies- STG on TSX.V, new Sunergy 5 grid connected inverter in production 2006, wind & hybrid power systems, backup power systems, consulting. Has an agreement with Gabriel Benmayer SA, a Spanish company to build and market the inverter in Europe.
- Tabuchi Electric Co Ltd- 6624 on Osaka, solar power conditioners a small part of transformer business.
- TBEA-600089 on SHA
- Xantrex- being bought out by Schneider Electric SA of France in July 2008. XTX on TSX, IPO in 2004, inverters- new 100kW 3phase inverter. 07- $7.5M supply deal with see-SOLON. Bought by Schneider in 2008
- Yaskawa Electric Corp-6506 on TSE, July 2014 buys Solectria Renewables
- Solarparc AG- WKN 635253, symbol SLXG on ETR,FSE,BER,MUN,STU,DUS,HAM, ISIN DE0006352537, OG1W on AIM; June 2005 name changed from Windwelt. 13.5MW solar parcs to be built. builds solarparcs and windfarms for third parties or for self. 24 solar parcs, 35 wind farms, 6.1% Funds available. see-SolarWorld owns 30%. will rent your roof. Suntrac trackers.
- SOLON Ag- WKN 747119 since Oct 18, 2002 (was WKN 724630 before-since 22.10.1998), symbol S001 on FSE, ETR, others, SGFRF on OTC, OHX1 + OG3C on AIM, ISIN DE0007471195 after 2:1 consolodation in October 2002.(was until Oct.02 WKN 724630 on Frankfurt), producer of 60MW/year of solar systems 180-500 Watt. Germanys biggest solar module manufacturer. to buy $300M, 5 year supply of SunPower high efficient A-300 solar cells to be used on 9-10kW 'Solon-Mover' arrays. March 2006 acquires Global Solar Energy Inc from UniSource Energy for $16M. Global Solar has 2MW thin film production, 2006 invests (19%)in Blue Chip Energy GmbH with 20MW capacity.
- SunPower Corporation-SPWR on NASDAQ, IPO in fall of 2005 (7.7M shares @ $18); 06/2006 second share offering announced of 7m shares @ $29.50; SunPower is a subsidiary of Cypress Semiconductor Corp-CY on NYSE. has 25 MW solar cell plant in Manilla- plans to expand to 75 MW, has 5 year contract to supply Solon, also parabolic solar energy collectors. M.Setek silicon supply agreement, $300m/5yr supply contract with SOLON, $330m supply contract with PowerLight.
- Solar Tracking Systems Gain Ground-by Meg Cichon, Associate Editor, RenewableEnergyWorld.com, June 13, 2013
- ENF Solar- list of 249 Solar Tracker Manufacturers (July 2013)