Go To Home Page,
- Abengoa SA- ABG on Madrid, large environmental co. Solucar Energia solar energy generation & R&D, solar tower and parabolic trough collectors. biofuels, recycling, construction, operating in 70 countries
- Anheuser-Busch Ltd- BUD on NYSE, for recycling programs for all waste byproducts. in US EPA WasteWise Hall of Fame.
- ATC Environmental Group- ATZ on TSX.V, www=none. industrial waste management and waste recycler.
- Axiom Energy Ltd-AXE? on ASX, IPO 06/2006; get prospectus from site, biodiesel from vegetable oils and animal fats.
- BASF-BAS on ETR, Ecoflex(R) biodegradable plastic bags.
- B.U.S. Berzelius Umwelt Service- WKN 528570 on Xetra, metals recycler.
- CanFibre Group Ltd.- CFGL on TSX.V, fibreboard from urban waste wood. 86% owned by Kafus Industries. NOTE: major meltdown of Kafus
- Canon Inc.- CANNY on NASDAQ, introduced recycling of toner fluids.
- Caraustar Industries- CSAR on NASDAQ, paperboard and plastic recycling.
- CCR Tech- CRL on TSX, purification and reclaiming of amines and glycols in plants and processes.
- Cereplast-CERP on OTCBB, recyclable plastic made from corn starch, wheat, tapioca, substitute for petroleum based plastics.
- China Changfu Alumina Recycling Ltd, CARP on OFEX (UK), recycles Aluminum waste in Shanxi Province, China.
- Commercial Metals- CMC on NYSE, scrap metal.
- Coors- RKY on NYSE,
launched recycling revolution in 1959 by offering 1 cent refund per can. also started one of the early solar companies- Golden Genesis.
- Darling International-DAR on NYSE, rendering (food byproduct recycling), restaurant services for grease collection.
- Dongjiang Environmental Co Ltd- 0895 on HKG, recycled waste products
- Earthworks Industries Inc.- EWK on TSX.V, waste management projects.
- Ebara- Local Code 6361 on Tokyo, pumps and waste management systems; also see wind- built 6.8MW Akita Araya Wind Farm.
- Enerkem-NRKM o NASDAQ, Feb 2012 IPO, landfill wastes to fuel conversion
- Englehard Corp.- EC on NYSE, invented catalytic converter, specialty chemical company.
- FedEx Corporation- FDX on NYSE, for changing all its envelopes to recycled paperboard source.
- Fuji-Xerox Manufacturing Suzhou Co.-ticker, in China opens a comprehensive recycle facility for printers/photocopiers.
- GM-honorable mention-Flint Engine South Plant and Tonawanda Engine Plant currently recycling 88% of waste generated. effort began in 1997. in US EPA WasteWise Hall of Fame.
- Interseroh AG-ITS on FSE, large recycler of steel and other in Europe.
- ITO EN Ltd-2593 on TSE, green tea and beverage co. 2007-makes paper bags from used/previously discarded tea leaves. see also-Pack Corp. story
- JER Envirotech Int'l Corp-JER on TSX.V, KFTB on FSE, thermoplastic biocomposite compounds and sheeting using waste or byproduct material. manufacturing operations in Canada, Malaysia, Phillipines.
- Johnson Controls Inc-JCI on NYSE, world leader in lead-acid battery recycling. building efficiency and control tech.
- Kafus Industries- Note: financial troubles in 2001, KSEVQ on Nasdaq- other OTC, 86% of CanFibre plus other environmental divisions. < NOTE: ? major share meltdown to $0.03 early 2001>
- Keio Corp-9008 on TSE, additional to their core business of operating an urban railway, Keio has inaugerated a unique total recycling system for restaurant wastes- recycling food wastes into organic fertilizer, and growing organic vegetables. plans to help build food waste recycling systems for others.
- Kemira Chemicals- KRA1V. HE on Helsinki, on London, On NYSE one ADS=2 shares. 'vision green chemistry', water management, recycler.
- Kobe Steel-5406 on TSE, recycling program for steel mill dust. earned top co honours at Japan's 2005 Awards for Resource-Recycling Technologies and Systems from the Clean Japan Center.
- Marsulex Inc.- MLX on TSX, air pollution- SOx, industrial byproduct removal.
- NEC-6701 on TSE, 2007-has refurbished 100,000 PC's. story
- Newalta Corporation- NAL on TSX, oil recycling and waste disposal. bought Anadime in 2001.
- NKK- Local Code 5404 on Tokyo, Japans second largest steel maker, manufacturing, recycling, has an Environmental Solutions Center dealing with environment business.
- Nucor- NUE on NYSE, largest steel recycler in USA.
- Pack Corp-3950 on TSE, packaging co., 2007 innovative packaging for see-ITO EN Ltd.
- Poly-Pacific International Inc.- PMB on TSX.V, PLYPF on OTCBB, AOLGDN on BER, P02 on FSE, recycled plastic turned into blast media and fence posts. contract to recycle Kingston landfill site for 180,000 tons of Nylon.
- Promatora Ambiental SAB de CV-PASA on MXK Mexico, 4 sectors, waste management and recycling.
- RecycleNet Corporation-GARM on OTC-BB, internet based trading system for recycling commodities- 150 countries. started in 1995. $2M revenues. see also RecycleXchange- an online marketplace for buying and selling recyclable materials in Canada.
- Resin Systems- RS on TSX.V, industrial coatings and resins from recycled tires.
- Safety Kleen Corp. New- SK on NYSE, waste oil recycling.
- Showa Manufacturing Co Ltd-5953 on Japan, food waste processor using vacuum drying.
- Stake Technology Ltd.- STKL on Nasdaq, recycles industrial minerals and abrasives.
- Straight Plc-STT on AIM London, supplies recycle containers, recycles pallets.
Teijin Limited-3401 on TSE, Teijin Fibres Ltd division has a Closed Loop Recycling System - 'Eco-circle' since 2002
- Tomra Systems- TOM on Oslo, aluminum can recycling.
- Toshiba-6502 on TSE- large co, opens $1M lighting recycling facility in Pathum Thani Thailand Dec 06.
- UKT Recycling Technologies Inc. -UK on TSX.V, tire recycling, no web.
- Vitreous Capital Inc.- VCI on TSX.V, glass recycling. co site not found oct 06, see glassworks link.
- Waste Management Inc-WMI on NYSE, Think Green
- Waste Recycling Group Plc- WRC on London, commercial and residential waste recycling.
- Wedco- WKN 514180 on ETR -Xetra, recycle and grinding equipment co.
- Wellman Corp.- WLM on NYSE, makes polyester fibres from recycled plastic.
- Zhe Jiang Dongliang New Building Matl Co.-002082 on SHE, processing and trade of non-ferrous metals.
- Think, Eat, Save- UN initiative to address food waste. See also Eco-Business article
- I Haven't Made Any Trash In 2 Years. Here's What My Life Is Like-By Lauren Singer, November 18, 2014
- Lessons from two cities-Mar 31, 2014, Down to Earth magazine, by Amab Pratum Dutta and Aparna Pallavi
- Iron Is the Key- Iron Ion Replenishment for Sustainable Oceans, JFS Newsletter No.130 (June 2013)
- Japan's First Full-Scale Rare Earth Recycling Launched by Fukuoka Prefecture and Industry-Government-Academia Collaboration- Posted: 2013/07/26 on JFS
- Firms call on MPs to support circular economy-IEMA, the environmentalist magazine, by Sarah-Jayne Russell,Date:18 July 2013
- Journal of Industrial Ecology-Life Cycle Analysis news, info
- Unavoidable reality-by Author(s): Mahazareen Dastur,
Jul 31, 2013, Down To Earth Magazine
- Cascades-Alain Lemaire, CEO of CIPEC Leader Cascades, named Canada’s Greenest Chief Executive by Corporate Knights. Cascades won the inaugural award due to the fact that 98 percent of the company’s total income comes from green and responsible products and services with an integrated lifecycle approach, and that they are number one in Canada for paper recycling by volume.
- London Drugs-recycling program honoured with an Emerald Award nomination.
- Alberta Care- Sept 4-6th, 2013 – Annual Alberta Recycling Conference 2013 - Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre, Slave Lake, AB
- Pana Chemical Co-Japan, since 1978, styrofoam, plastic, other recycling machines, RECYCLING CIRCLE.
- stock list by Green Stocks Central
- Appliances and electronics-guide
- Plastic Bag Recycling
- Wikipedia-Plastic Shopping Bag
- Biodegradable Products Institute-Compostable bags, food service, resins, packaging, sheet + roll products.
- Canadian Waste + Recycling Expo- Oct 26-27, 2005, Vancouver.
- Canadian Environmental- waste exhange solution board.
- Earth911-recycle database
- Electronics-Greenpeace action and survey of electronics companies to elliminate hazardous chemicals from their products.
- Envirobiz- list of environmental companies.
- Envirowise-UK corporate program.
- Gower Waste Management Plc- chemicals
- Internet Recycling Business Center- 70+ stock market companies listed.
- AIST- Japan's National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology has free software for product lifecycle analysis.
- Onyx Environmental Group Plc- UK waste management and recycling co. very extensive interest in environmental aspects of managing wastes. link goes to/bought out by Veolia Environmental Services.
- Pollution.about- click on CBS Market Watch.
- recycling link-Japan
- Recycle World- recycle anything information
- SPRM- Scrap Plastic Recycling Marketplace
- Think Green- a Waste Management Inc initiative, has links for teacher and student resources.
- Waste.net- use this site to find an outlet for used or waste items.
Go To Home Page,