Renewable Energy Certificates Introduction
Go To Invest Green HOME PAGE,
Calculate RECs needed,
Clean green renewable energy from wind power is premium electricity and good for the planet.
- A wind turbine produces power and earns Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) with every spin of the blades.
- The Alberta Power Pool buys all the electricity generated but not the RECs.
- Invest Green Inc. serves the turbine owner as the broker for the RECs.
- By combining the electricityyou buy from your power company with RECs from your power company with RECs from Invest Green you reassemble for yourself the clean green renewable energy power package as generated by the turbine.
With RECs from Invest Green there is
- no need to change your electricity supplier
- no change in the reliability of your power supply
RECs are a simple and affordable way for any homeowner or business to convert the electric power used into a renewable energy package.
- An average Alberta home uses 550 kWh of power per month.
- 550 X 12 = 6600 kWh per year.
- 6600 kWh per year = 6.6 MWh/year.
- RECs cost $20 per MWh.
- 6.6 X $20 = $132.
- For $132.00 + 7.92 GST = 139.92 (average) per year you can designate your power to be generated by a wind turbine.
Order your RECs today and you will get
- a Guarantee of Origin REC Certificate, suitable for framing,
- window decal,
- fridge magnet.
RECs also give you
- peace of mind knowing that your power is being produced by a non-polluting power source,
- the right to advertise that your home/business is powered by renewable power,
- an easy and affordable way for you to support environmental efforts to build and install more wind turbines.
Life is busy. RECs afford you the ability to change, without changing much else in your life, the negative aspect of getting power from an air polluting power source to run ones home or business into the positive aspect of supporting a new and clean technology designed to power a sustainable non-polluting future. You can make a difference.
To get help calculating how much power your home/business uses per year and/or to order your RECs today contact:
phone: (403) 574-2489