Invest Green Inc.
Go to HOME PAGE
Go to LINKS INDEX
- CERI-Clean Energy Regulators Initiative by the Clean Energy Solutions Center – Assisting countries with clean energy policy
- The Value of Energy Management Systems and ISO 50001-Clean Energy Ministerial, Wednesday, May 27, 2015
- Managing Your Energy-An ENERGY STAR® Guide for Identifying Energy Savings in Manufacturing Plants, by:
- CIPEC-Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation
- Clean Energy Ministerial-Achieving the Three C’s of Measuring and Reporting Energy Efficiency Improvements: Certainty, Credibility, and Consistency, January 06, 2015
- Clean Energy Ministerial- energy efficiency performance measuring and reporting guide
- Clean energy Ministerial- Data Quality guide
- How fast can we transition to a low-carbon energy system?-November 23, 2015, by Paul N Edwards
Professor of Information and History, University of Michigan
- DOE Best Practices for Establishing Revolving Municipal Funds for Energy Efficiency Projects- (Webinar)
- CTCN-Climate Technology Centre & Network
- RETScreen Expert- with knowledge base of best practices
- Open Knowledge platform- website by Allianz
- CIPEC-Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation
- Food & Beverage Call for Climate Action- 14 major food and beverage companies call for action and plan to share best practices. Coca-Cola, The Hain Celestial Group Inc, Hershey’s, PepsiCo, Mars Incorporated, General Mills, Unilever, Kellogg Company, Nestle USA, New Belgium Brewing, Ben & Jerry’s, Clif Bar, Stoneyfield Farm, Dannon USA. Coordinated by Ceres.
- Clean Energy Impact Investment Center-US Department of Energy, June 2015
- CME Energy Pathfinder Initiative
- 2013 Earth Revolution by Ta’kaiya Blaney-Idle No More
- The Age of Renewable Power: Designing National Roadmaps for a Successful Transformation-IRENA report,
- World Economic Forum Ranks Water Crises as Top Long-term Risk-circle of blue, 14 January 2016, Brett Walton, see- World Risks Report 2016-WEF.
- The Strong case for sustainable capitalism-John Elkington,December 21, 2015,remembering Maurice Strong.
- Human imprint has thrust Earth into new geological epoch: study -Thomson Reuters Foundation, Monday 11 January 2016, in EcoBusiness
- Remarks by President Obama at the First Session of COP21-White House press release
- event-COP21-World Climate Summit, Nov 30-Dec 11, 2015
- COP21 Climate Change – the New Economy-special booklet prior to the conference.
- SDG’s-Triple Pundit
- Islamic Declaration on Global Climate Change- August 18, 2015
- Renewable Energy Gains Greater Opportunity in US Clean Power Plan-August 4, 2015, By Elisa Wood
- White House Launches American Business Act Climate Pledge-July 27, 2015.
- Laudato Si-Pope Francis’ encyclical on care for our common home, June 2015 see also - Pope demands “action now” to save planet from environmental ruin-June 19, 2015
- 10 Lessons from Fukushima- Fukushima Booklet Publication Committee
- Encyclical Letter Laudato Si of the Holy Father Francis On the Care of our Common Home- June 18, 2015.
- FACT SHEET: Obama Administration Announces More Than $4 Billion in Private Sector Commitments and Executive Actions to Scale up Investment in Clean Energy Innovation-June 15, 2015, wide ranging – Clean Energy Impact Investment Center; charitable foundations; US Small Business Administration finance options.
- Milken Global Conference 2015 - by Sharon Szmolyan, May 28, 2015, Enviroline
- How to shift a supertanker: China Green Finance Rpt (PBoC+UNEP Inquiry) includes ambitious green bonds agenda: definitions, risk weighting, tax breaks + fast track issuance approval + first China green bond from Industrial Bank. ??? (that's cool)-Sean Kidney, CBI, May 14, 2015
- Financing the Green Climate Fund- report by the World Future Council, April 2015
- One Bank Research Agenda- Discussion Paper by the Bank of England, spring 2015, Theme 5 – Central bank response to fundamental technological, institutional, societal and environmental change
- Climate Change and the Catholic Church-May 4 2015, Eco-Business, J. Sachs see also Pope, UN secretary general push for worldwide action on climate change-Catholic World News, interfaith conference ‘Protect the Earth, Dignify Humanity’, April 28, 2015
- Clean Energy Solutions Center- Clean Energy Ministerial initiative, first stop for policy and other questions
- New Clean Energy Solutions Center Report Explores the Next Generation of Renewable Energy Policy-3 March 2015
- From the Fossil-Fuel Center of the World, A Call for Renewables and Energy Efficiency-Tim Buckley, Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis, March 11, 2015, see also-Financing the Future of Energy: The Opportunity for the Gulf’s Financial Services Sector”-A report for the National Bank of Abu Dhabi, by the University of Cambridge and PwC, March 2015 “This report provides the evidence base needed to convince financiers that those opportunities are real, large and happening now.” “The scale of the opportunity is large. The investment required for power generation, transmission and efficient use of energy is in the order of tens of billions of US dollars per year in the region – and hundreds of billions (possibly a trillion) US dollars per year worldwide.” “At the end of 2014, the 200 MW Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) bid in Dubai [5.84 US cents per kWh]set a new world benchmark for utility scale solar PV costs, showing that photovoltaic technologies are competitive today with oil at US$10/barrel and gas at US$5/MMBtu.” “the key contribution of Governments is to provide the longer term certainty that is a prerequisite for new project development.” “First, the huge rise in energy demand is for the most part electricity, yet only 5 per cent of global electricity comes from oil so, in that regard, oil is not a direct competitor with renewable electricity sources but rather a
complement to it. Also solar is on track to achieve grid parity in 80
per cent of countries within the next two years, so cost is no
longer a reason not to proceed with renewables”
- China Declares War On Pollution-March 5, 2015, Xinhua Insight
- SEAD Launches New Policy Exchange Forum-Feb 15, 2015, on Clean Energy Ministerial
- Defining sustainable development: The woman who started it all-Jean Chua Tuesday 24 February 2015, Eco-Business
- Growing ESG Investment Leading to Transformation of Japanese Companies-Toshihiko Goto, Chief Executive, Sustainability Forum Japan, Jan 28, 2015
- Carbon credits give $664 benefits per tonne, Imperial says-Bloomberg Thursday 4 September 2014
- Pathways to Economic Prosperity and Safe Climate
- What ocean heating reveals about global warming- Stefan Rahmstorf, 25 September 2013
- Mobilizing Climate Finance-IFC
- UN Green Climate Fund-see also: Wikipedia-“The Green Climate Fund (GCF) is a fund within the framework of the UNFCCC founded as a mechanism to redistribute money from the developed to the developing world, in order to assist the developing countries in adaptation and mitigation practices to counter climate change”
- The UN climate talks just failed - now for the real battle-By Assaad Razzouk
Wednesday 17 December 2014, eco-business
- report-2012 Canada Climate Change Program Annual Report
- report-Global Renewable Support Mechanisms Databook-Oct 2014, PennEnergy Research
- event-CEM5-May 12-13, 2014, Seoul, Clean Energy Ministerial, “Act Together, Think Creative”. “to generate more rapid progress toward CEM’s overall goal of accelerating the transition to a global clean energy economy. The discussions will focus on identifying smart policies, programs, and innovative strategies to increase energy efficiency, enhance clean energy supply, and expand energy access.”
- event-E-RISC-December 26, 2013, Tokyo
- event-GRT-November 2013, Beijing, Global Round Table conference, "Financing the Future We Want: Sustainable Finance in China, Emerging Market and World Economy".
- Renewable Energy in Myanmar: Not Just Clean, It’s Necessary-by Tim Ferry, International Correspondent, June 18, 2013
- A Flameless Dragon: Charting A Clean Energy Path For China- by Jon Creyts & Clay Stranger, RMI, Solutions Journal
- Summer 2013 (Vol. 6, No. 1)
- Country-Based Action to Achieve Universal Access to Energy-by Nicholas Keyes, The World Bank, June 12, 2013
- Sustainable Energy For All-UN initiative to tackle poverty
- K.A. Care-King Abdullah City for Atomic and Renewable Energy, Saudi Arabia, 54MW by 2032, $109B.
- CanSIA-Solar Energy Policy Options Discussion with Alberta Department of Energy, Edmonton,
April 30th, 2013
- Alberta revamps energy regulator in bid to polish environmental image-by Carrie Tait,
Calgary — The Globe and Mail, Published Monday, May. 13 2013,
- Five Lessons That Define LIPA's New CSI Solar Program-by James Montgomery, Associate Editor, RenewableEnergyWorld.com, July 23, 2013
- Climate Bill-USA
- UNEP FI-WORLD’S LARGEST INVESTORS CALL FOR MORE DECISIVE ACTION BY GOVERNMENTS ON CLIMATE CHANGE, November 20, 2012
- event-Doha Climate Change Conference- November-December 2012, see also coverage by iisd Reporting Services
- UN-2012, the International Year of Sustainable Energy for All.
- Millennium Development Goals-UN
- UNEP- UNEP and the Millennium Development Goals
- Beyond 2015-see also-The United Nations Development Strategy Beyond 2015- June 2012
- Towards a Green Economy- UN report, Dec 20, 2011
- IEEP-Institute for European Environmental Policy
- China, UN Launch "Green" Project to Alleviate Poverty-by Ling Li, Worldwatch Institute, December 14, 2006.
- Worldwatch Institute- "State of the World 2010, Transforming Cultures: From Consumerism to Sustainability"
- Sustainability Agenda in Retrospect and in Prospect-By Yamei Shen, In UN Chronicle
- Green Energy Act-Ontario's initiative
- Sustainable Electricity as the Foundation for Economic Recovery in North America- report by the Canadian Electricity Association.
- Thailand- GEF report on RE initiative in Mae Hong Son area.
- UNEPFI-the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) is a unique global partnership between the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the global financial sector.
- Gigaton Throwdown-an initiative in the USA to encourage investors, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and policy makers to "think big" to massively scale clean energy during the next 10 years.
- Green Economy Initiative- 2 Dec 2008, UNEP, WBCSD.
- Alliance to Save Energy-database of US state policies on energy efficiency.
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009- overview.
- Australia-Departmet of Environment + Heritage- Greenhouse Office.
- California-energy page.
- Canadian Centre for Ethics + Corporate Policy- (list of sponsors)
- Canadian Wind Incentives- in 2002 Budget.
- CEP-Center of Environmental Philosophy + Environmental Ethics.
- CEPA- Canadian Environmental Protection Act.
- Climate Change- Canadian government climate change web site.
- Climate Change Corp-policy site.
- Climate Change Levy in UK- 0.43p/kwh
- CSE India Centre for Science and Environment. promotes democracy and sustainability. work in India possible.
- EEG, German feed in tarif law that pioneered jump starting the solar industry.
- DOE- US Dept of Energy on greenpower.
- Daiwa-JFS Sustainability College-education study.
- DTI-ROPC- DTI Renewables Obligation Preliminary Consultation document - UK government.
- eole 2005, French Powerprice Law (wind)
- EEG-info on German renewables law.
- EEG- Erneuerbare Energien Gesetz- Renewables Energy Program, German, found on wind info site.
- Eurorex- European political policies.
- Europower- power info in Europe.
- FOE-Friends of Earth NGO.
- Green Energy Act Ontario- info site about the feed-in-tariff in Ontario.
- Green Energy and Green Economy Act 2009-Bill 150 in Ontario, Canada.
- Green Ontario- comprehensive site regarding Ontario, Canada- government, consumer, etc.
- GREEN PARTY OF CANADA- Vote Green.
- ICLEI- International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives - 300 local governments.
- Information for Action- free automated lobbying service focusing on the environment. environment lobbying group.
- International Energy Agency- part of OECD.
- International Environmental Info Network. Environment data bases for business, policy, regulators, market research. Business data and research. Subscription based database service.
- Japan - Renewable Portfolio Standard Law
- Kyoto & Greenhouse Gas Info.
- MNRE-Ministry of New and Renewable Energy news site in India.
- Netherlands-government environment info site.
- NRCAN- Natural Resources Canada site dealing with sustainable development.
- JBIC- Japan Bank for International Cooperation- the Friends of Earth Japan Campaign.
- Ontario Canada - solar @ $0.37 for 20 years.
- Ren21-global status report. policy development.
- Renewable Energy Association-UK.
- Retscreen- legal aspects of energy projects
- RRI Resource Renewal Institute. green plans. works with governments and policymakers. jobs.
- SEEN-Sustainable Energy + Economy Network, policy studies.
- Solar India Online-news from India.
- TREIA- Texas Renewable Energy Industries Association.
- Texas- Renewable Energy Incentive.
- UK RO - Renewables Obligation, 15.4% by 2015, 20% by 2020
- UNEP United Nations Environment Program homepage.
- UNEP-IETC UNEP's International Environmental Technology Centre (IETC)
- UNEP Sustainable Energy Finance Initiative-clean energy management tools for financiers.
- UNEP FI-UNEP Finance Initiative - Innovative financing for sustainability.
- USA-wind- Inventory of State Incentives for Wind Energy, by AWEA, USA.
- World Bank- Green Industry Report. Resources on the Net. Links.
- Worldwatch non-profit public policy research organization. information about emerging global problems and trends.
- WRI World Resources Institute.
- THE CULTURE GAP- byPaul Spiegelman, Nov 6, 2012, Inc Magazine, 10 Leadership Practices to Stop Today
- CIPEC-Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation (CIPEC), CIPEC and Natural Resources Canada can help your organization cut costs, improve energy efficiency and reduce industrial greenhouse gases.
- CPPIB-Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board
- IFC – Canada Climate Change Program-2011, see also-2012 Annual Report
- Note: the Kyoto Protocol agreement aims to reduce the effects of climate change through the reduction of six recognized greenhouse gases:
carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, hydrofluorocarbons, perfluorocarbons and sulfur hexafluoride.
- Mekong blasting push
- Nova Scotia FIT
- FIT in Japan-Japan's Feed-in-Tariff Scheme Kicks Off!, July 2012
- FIT in Japan update
- METI Announces New Buyback Price for Renewable Energy-Japan FIT update, JFS Newsletter No.129 (May 2013)
- Climate change to hit credit ratings: S&P- by Jessica Morris, special to CNBC.com, Thursday, 15 May 2014
- CESA-Clean Energy States Alliance, sharing best practices since 1998. See report Clean Energy Champions - The Importance of State Programs and Policies-June 22, 2015, by Warren Leon, Executive Director, CESA
- Financing Renewables in Alberta’s Merchant Market-May 9, 2016, By Adrienne Baker, from Renewable Energy World
- Canada Signs Global Climate Change Agreement-December 14, 2015 | Mike Barrett, Hugo Alves, Tom McInerney, Duncan McPherson and Jesslyn Maurier, Bennett Jones
- Alberta’s First NDP Climate Victory May Have Nothing to Do With the Oilsands and Everything to Do With Coal-by James Wilt, May 26, 2015, Desmog Canada