Go To HOME PAGE,
- Handprinting-new  concept being worked on by Dassault Systemes-DSY on EPA, Harvard, Eaton Corp, Johnson & Johnson,as part of SHINE – Sustainability and Health Initiative for NetPositive Impact
AIR QUALITY/AIR POLLUTION/MEASUREMENT
- It's Getting Hot in Here: What Alberta can learn from California's South Coast Air Quality Management District Awards- Author: Sharon M. Szmolyan, http://www.envirolinenews.ca, Publish Date: Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- AQE -Air Quality and Emissions show 2013
Air Quality, Emissions and Environmental Monitoring Conference, Exhibition and workshops. 13th & 14th March, Telford, England
- event-BAQ Conferences-5-7 December 2012, Hong Kong
- Clean Air Scorecard-management tool for cities
- see also-Dye/Nano/TiO2 Solar page for NOx initiatives using TiO2 pigments.
- Clean Energy Combustion Systems-CECU on OTCBB, cryogenic gas systems, liquifaction, storage, transportation; innovative fluctuation combustion system.
- Environmental Control Center Co. Ltd.-4657 on TSE, environmental consulting, measurement, certification
- Environmental Elements- EEC on AMEX, pollution control services in Canada, USA, and UK.
- ESI Environmental Sensors Inc.- ENV on TSX.V, develops and manufactures sensors.
- Environnement SA-Alternext on Paris, ISIN FR0010278762; air + water quality measurement + evaluation equipment.
- Hebei Sailhero Environmental Protection Hi-tech Co Ltd-300137 on SHE, Nov 5, 2010 IPO, env. monitoring equipment. (Sailhero Environmental), NOx, SO2, PM10, CO, O3, monitors. water quality, wastewater, acid rain monitors.
- Hitachi-Hes-on TSE, SF6 Gas Recovery and Regeneration System. Environmental Vision 2025 program to reduce CO2 emissions by 100 million tons by 2025.
- Horiba Ltd-6856 on TSE, scientific analyzers, vehicle emission analyzers, environmental monitoring. 10/2005 merger with Schenk Development Testing Systems Group. = merger of 2 of world's largest automotive testing co's.
- Kelin Environment-002499 on SHE, Nov 9, 2010 IPO, dust removers, industrial air quality equipment.
- Marsulex Inc.- MLX on TSX, industrial air quality compliance, SOx.
- Pall Corporation-PLL on NYSE, emissions and environmental monitoring solutions, filters.
- Pan Asia Env Protection Group Ltd-556 on HKSE, water + flue gas treatment services in China.
- Photon Control Inc-PHO on TSX.V, gas flow meters for flare stacks, 8-30", 150m/s, 300psi.
- RWE, web, ticker, see- wind, flue gas desulphurization units improve emissions 95% at Hungarian MATRA power plant.
- Taisei Corp-1801 on TSE, constuction, real estate, environmental measurement business.
- Thermal Energy International Inc.- TMG on TSX.V, FLUE-ACE condensing reactive exhaust gas solution tech. NOx tech in development. air pollution control + heat recovery systems. energy retrofits for industrial customers with Johnson Controls LP
- ThermoElectron Group- TMO on NYSE, measurement instruments.
- Umicore Group-UMI on Brussels, makes germanium for CSP solar cells (powering Mars rover), has new production method for high purity silicon for solar cells. also rechargeable batteries, fuel cells, N2O Abatement Catalyst, Recycling.
- Zhejiang FeidaEnvironment Science & Technology Co Ltd-600526 on Shanghai, air pollution control equipment, pressure vessels, flue gas desulfurization, flyash conveyors, electrostatic precipitators.
- Pocket air sensors-by Ashwin Aghor, Aug 15, 2012
- National Guideline: Principles of Climate Adaptation and Mitigation for Engineers-May, 2018, Engineers Canada
- ABB-ABB on NYSE, electrical
- Abengoa SA- ABG on Madrid, large environmental co. operating in 70 countries
- Acciona Energia-ANA on MC (Madrid), Spanish construction co with a new green building and environmental focus. -subsidiary Solargenix was the system integrator and provider of the parabolic troughs for the 64MW Nevada Solar One solar thermal plant (100,000 ft2 of parabolic mirrors 15' tall in 6 rows 1200' long) at Boulder City Nevada for Arizona Public Service Corp. In Spain the co sets up Solar Gardens- solar tracker parks- example: 400 trackers with 279 owners of the individual trackers makes an interesting business model for building solar tracker parks, also has wind (EHN has built 154 windfarms worldwide).
- Arcadis NV-ARCAD on Euronext-Amsterdam. engineering and consulting co., infrastructure, environment, facilities.
- China Everbright International Ltd-0257 on HKSE, NCD signatory
- Ebara- Local code 6361 on Tokyo, pumps and waste systems. also built windfarm.
- Fluor-FLR on NYSE, forms renewable energy business line May 2009.
- Johnson Controls Inc-JCI on NYSE, building efficiency and control tech.
- Stantec Inc.- STN on TSX, engineering. November 2008 buys Jacques Whitford.
- see also Energy Efficiency page.
- Google -'REIBM - see- smart grids, water, solar.
- Murata Manufacturing Co-6981 on TSE, mega solar installations on two factories
- Nortel Networks Corporation-[previously]- NT, NT.PR.F, NT.PR.G, on TSX, honourable mention for its work in eliminating CFC's in production operations. (previously used for cleaning circuit boards).
- NTT Data Corp-9613 on TSE,
- Ricoh-7752 on TSE, office equipment co., sponsors the Japan For Sustainability news site, 2008 award, member of WBCSD's Eco-Patent Commons.
Fossil Fuel Companies
- Norway Is a Green Leader. It’s Also Drilling More Oil Wells Than Ever-By Katherine Dun, October 18, 2019, Fortune
- The oil companies knew all along-by Rex Weyler 13 September 2019
- Revealed: the 20 firms behind a third of all carbon emissions-the Guardian
- Is Bill Gates Right On Energy Investing?-Oil Price
International Petroleum Week remarks by Saudi Aramco President and CEO- LONDON, United Kingdom, February 26, 2019,
By Amin H. Nasser, Saudi Aramco President and CEO
- Oil Industry Told to Loosen Up on Green Investments to Survive- Bloomberg, By Mathew Carr, March 1, 2019
- Shell, Schneider Electric and the Rocky Mountain Institute introduce the Energy Transitions Commission-September 29, 2015
- CIPEC-Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation, sharing best practices
- FREESTD-Standards Worldwide
- World's Greenest Companies-annual rankings by Newsweek
- Husky Injection Molding Ltd-2007 acquired by Onex -ticker, TSX, was HKY on TSX, plastic molding equipment, green practices. new gas pump nozzle design.
- Sekisui Chemical, ticker, Japan, Material Flow Cost Accounting (MFCA) system used on 100+ products and processes for savings of 11-15%
- Unique Tech:
- CargoLifter AG- WKN540261 on Frankfurt, airships. Cargolifter website now takes you to tropical islands.
- Kobe Steel Co-5406 on TSE, parent of see Kobelco Eco Solutions Co.
- Kobelco Eco-Solutions Co-3764 on TSE, has developed a high efficiency thermal storage system- can store heat energy from low + medium temperature waste heat and transport it by truck to a faraway destination where the heat can bring water to 90 degrees again. used erythritol as storage material.
- Sola Nikka Co. Ltd.-8158 on TSE, “coordination between environment and chemistry,”
- Intgral Tech-ITKG.NAP on OTCBB, Electriplast technology, electrically conductive resin based material. 12 patents, 88 pending.
- Resin Systems- RS on TSX.V, industrial coatings and resins.
- Fuel Related:
- AFS Energy- AFE.H on TSX.V NEX board, Aug 3, 2004 name change from Alternative Fuel Systems Inc.- for natgas vehicles- fuel pressure regulators, injectors, fuel efficiency products, conversion systems from diesel to natural gas.
- Westport Innovations Inc.- WPT on TSX, WPRT on NASDAQ, HPDI technology to run diesel engines on natural gas.
- B.A.U.M. AG- WKN 508310 on Frankfurt (gereral markt), consulting on environmental management issues.
- EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc.- EACOE on NASDAQ (SC), management and consulting.
- Graphite concentrate
- IPEx Cleantech Asia- see also World’s first cleantech exchange launched in Singapore-“The Asian Development Bank on Friday launched the world's first platform to facilitate knowledge sharing on cleantech and renewable energy between developed countries and emerging Asian economies”
- Fujikura Ltd5803 on TSE, HTS-high temperature superconducting wire.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries Inc-5802 on TSE, has developed an HTS superconductor that can carry 200X as much power as copper cable with an electrical resistance of zero. initial sales by end 2006.
- The Green Growth Knowledge Partnership (GGKP)- is a global network of experts and organizations dedicated to providing the policy, business, and finance communities with knowledge, guidance, data, and tools to transition to an inclusive green economy. Three knowledge platforms – the Green Growth Knowledge Platform, the Green Industry Platform, and the Green Finance Platform
- Governments Seek UN Scrutiny of Technologies to Cool the Climate-March 11-15, 2019, Nairobi Kenya, to begin examining geoengineering technologies
- RMI-on YouTube, ‘A Conversation with Amory Lovins and Jules Kortenhorst
- On It’s 60th Birthday, Solar PV Has Become a Major Contender-by Clint Wilder, Clean Edge
- Air pollution linked to autism-Author(s): Soundaram Ramanathan,Jul 31, 2013 in Down To Earth Magazine
- Rocky Mountain Institute- Industry
- LCA-Life Cycle Analysis info
- Journal of Industrial Ecology-Life Cycle Analysis news, info
- NREL-Energy Data Available Anywhere, Any Time, by Gary Schmitz, NREL, January 19, 2010, VIBE and Open Energy Information (OpenEI), global energy information.
- Biodegradable Products Institute-Compostable bags, food service, resins, packaging, sheet + roll products.
- Carbon Busters- Energy Efficiency specialists, The Carbon Buster Handbook.
- EIRIS says: Most chemical firms making only limited progress on managing chemical safety and sustainability risks. see-report
- Global Environmental Management Initiative.- 36 member companies.
- Heiss GmbH- 80% of power comes from wind/solar at this German factory (hydraulic pistons). Winner of the investgreen gold medal 1999.
- Idalex Technologies-Coolerado air conditioners.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industry Ltd. Power Systems International Operations Dept.- wind energy turbines, hydro turbines, co-gen equipment, solar.
- Renewable Energy World Magazine.World Directory of Renewable Energy Suppliers + Service.
- Responsible Care Global Charter-global chemical industry's environmental, health, and safety initiative and Global Products Strategy launched at February 2006 UN Int'l Conference on Chemicals Management in Dubai.
- Toxic 100- top 100 corporate polluters as calculated by the Political Economy Research Institute-PERI-at University of Massachusetts.
- WEC-World Environment Center, greening the supply chain.
- GreenCentre Canada-green chemistry
Go To HOME PAGE,