Selection Criteria- IGWISI
Invest Green Wind & Solar Index
Go To HOME PAGE,
- IGWISI 2018:
- Components include 1 x pure wind and 1 x pure solar ETFs, three mutual funds, and two builder/operators.
- NOTE: RNW, TransAlta Renewables, added for 2018
- NOTE: BPE, Brookfield Renewable Partners LP, (NYSE listing) added for 2018
- IGWISI 2017:
- Components include 1 x pure wind and 2 x pure solar ETFs and three mutual funds.
- NOTE: FAN, a wind ETF, name change on 12/14/2016 to First Trust Global Wind Energy ETF
- NOTE: KWT, a solar ETF, closed Sept 29, 2017
- IGWISI 2016:
- Components include 2 x pure wind and 2 x pure solar ETFs and three mutual funds.
- CGAEX added
- IGWISI 2015:
- Components include 2 x pure wind and 2 x pure solar ETFs and two mutual funds.
- NEXTX added, PWIND dropped
- IGWISI 2010-2014:
- Components include 2 x pure wind and 2 x pure solar ETFs and one mutual fund.
- IGWISI 2000-2009:
- Companies are either fully involved in wind or solar, such as for example Vestas, SolarWorld.
- Companies like BP, Shell, GE are included because dispite extensive other business, they are nonetheless amongst the largest wind or solar companies as well.
- Companies are picked early in January, listed, and then not changed for the year- a list and hold strategy that does not adjust the list for news, good or bad, as comes in through the year. The end result therefore could easily be improved upon by a bit of active management.
- The index is a passive, equal weighted index, with a mixture of global large, small, and ven cap constituents.
- Exchange rate fluctuations are also not taken into account.
- Past notes: September 2007 corrections made to average and cumulative return calculations.