Invest Green Inc.
Go To HOME PAGE
Natural Capital Declaration
event-Global Landscapes Forum-Dec 6-7, Lima
event-Innovation Forum-28-29 Oct, 2014, London, How business can tackle deforestation, -Collaborate effectively with suppliers and NGOs, understand policy and enforcement trends
event-Forests Asia Summit- May 5-6, 2014, Jakarta
Natural Capital Declaration
The NCD Roadmap- UNEP FI, May 2013
Global Canopy Programme
- APP-Asia Pulp and Paper, Indonesia
- Ayen Enerji AS-AYEN on IST (Istanbul), power co-2 hydro, 2 windfarms-Caypinar + Korkmaz, also forest replanting
- Caraustar Industries- CSAR on NASDAQ, paperboard and plastic recycling.
- Concert Industries Ltd.- CNG on TSX.V, air-laid paper products - less effluent waste.
- Domtar Inc.- DTC on TSX, NYSE, EarthChoice paper. Huge paper producer that is making huge efforts in practices and products.
- Earth Sanctuaries-on Bendigo Stock Market, world's first listed conservation company. note: some financial troubles to start 2002.
- FedEx Corporation- FDX on NYSE, for changing all its envelopes to recycled paperboard source.
- Forest Bonds-Global Canopy Project, CDP and Forest Disclosure Project merge June 2012
- Hitachi Construction Machinery Co-has sold 100 carbon-offset forestry machines.
- Home Depot- HD on NYSE, hardware, no lumber from old growth forest policy. , 2 year $380,000 grant to the Forest Stewardship Council to develop a global forestry registry that will help co's asure they purchase wood that is harvested in an environmentally responsible manner. Home Depot does not buy 'old growth' harvested wood, and this effort shows they have more interest in this.
- Kimberly-Clark-KMB on NYSE, August 2009 and Greenpeace agree to historic measures to protect Canada's Boreal Forest.
- Kinkos- does not use old growth forests in its paper products.
- Lowe's- LOW on NYSE, London, Pacific. hardware, no lumber from old growth forest policy.,
- Maple Leaf Reforestation-MPE on TSX, grows seedlings in greenhouse in China for reforestation.
- (Precious Woods)-(PRWN on SWX Switzerland), (-)indicates one needs to do ones research- sustainable forest management in 3000Km2 in Brazil, and Costa Rica. In Costa Rica the co reforests pastureland with teak trees. Teak in it's natural growth state is spread out- Teak as grown on the new Costa Rican treefarms that look like orchards is harmful to the soil as a concentration of fallen teak leaves acidizes the soil excessively (apparently nature has a reason for naturally spacing teak trees with large distances inbetween). This info from a farmer and others in Costa Rica who are not in favour of the concept of growing Teak in plantation style land use systems because of what it does to the soil.
- PRT Forest Regeneration Income Fund- PRT.UN on TSX, forest seedling growing business.
- Rio Tinto has a  750,000 tons/year Ilmenite (TiO2) mine in Madagascar that involves cutting down some of the last rainforest in Madagascar. The issue is well presented on the website. Would need to be a mining engineer/geologist to know if there were no better sources of TiO2 available globally, and more of a specialist on TiO2 to understand if tearing down a rainforest could be justified environmentally.
- RONA, FSC lumber, 2008
- Staples, to phase out paper products made from wood from endangered forests.
- Straight Plc-STT on AIM London, supplies recycle containers, recycles pallets.
- Tamil Nadu Newsprint + Papers Ltd-531426 on BOM, wood-free bagasse-based paper, 28MW wind.
- TD Financial Group-TD on TSX, TD Forests project, to reduce to zero net paper useage by preserving forests. see also-Globe and Mail-June 12, 2012, "New Partnership Protects Critical Forest Habitat"
- Unilever Plc-on London, US, agreed with the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil in their call for a moratorium on deforestation for palm oil.
- WorldWideGreen-not on markets, can invest in teak tree reforestation. not sure if this is plantation style 'reforestation' or not, see-Precious Woods note.
- Forest Bonds-CDP and Forest Disclosure Project merge June 2012
- Environmental-Finance.com-10 February 2012,
“Ireland has become the first country in the world to recognise forest carbon credits in its tax regime – paving the way for the issuance of forest bonds, according to a leading banker”.
- Southeast Asia's haze a ‘man-made tragedy and a crime’-By Jessica Cheam, 4 November 2015, Eco-Business
- Forest issues in Cambodia
- Global Canopy Programme-“The demand for agricultural products for food, feed and fuel and the production of globally traded forest risk commodities have been responsible for driving the majority of tropical deforestation and forest degradation. The Global Canopy Programme’s Little Book of Big Deforestation Drivers analyses the supply chains and presents 24 regulatory, market and supply chain catalysts that can act to reduce deforestation caused by these commodities. The Global Canopy Programme incubated CDP’s forests program and now acts as the advisor on forests and forest risk commodities to CDP. The book is available to download in English, Bahasa Indonesia, French and Spanish at” Little Book of Drivers
- Dark ages and dark areas: global deforestation in the deep past- by Michael Williams, Journal of Historical Geography, 26, 1 (2000) 28–46, doi:10.1006/jhge.1999.0189, available online at http://www.idealibrary.com
- Green Wave-since 2008, May 22 annual tree planting event
- Does biochar live up to the hype?-Sami Grover, February 6, 2014, Treehugger.com
- On Indonesia’s paper trail: There's just too much illegal wood- Vaidehi Shah Tuesday 17 February 2015, Eco-Business, Forest Trends report at Forest Trends
- Forest 500-New global ‘ratings agency’ ranks the 500 institutions with the power to end deforestation, The Global Canopy Programme’s ‘Forest 500’
- Amazonia Security Agenda-
- Forestry, the Mexican Way-Jan 31, 2015, K. Sambhav, Down to Earth Magazine
- types of green investments-rainforests and animals
- Financier: Private money to invest in ‘green economy’ waiting to be unlocked-May 9,2014 by Angela Dewan
- New York Declaration on Forests-UN Climate Summit, 23 Sept 2014
- event-Forests Asia Summit- May 5-6, Jakarta – Sustainable Landscapes for Green Growth in Southeast Asia.
- Global Canopy Programme-Tropical Forest focus.
- Collectors turn entrepreneurs-by Author(s): Jitendra @jitendrachoube1, Jun 30, 2013
- Carbon Farmer-Emerald Award for planting trees and issuing carbon credits, Alberta, Canada.
- REDD and REDD+-Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (in developing countries), UN programme.
- FFD-Forest Footprint Disclosure Project, note- to merge with CDP
- Carbon Forestry: Environmental Asset Or Liability?-by John Gould, November 9th, 2012, in Ecologist
- Wind farm threat to forests-by Aparna Pallavi, Feb 15, 2011
- Conservation International
- Sustainable Investor Co-Nago-city, Okinawa, Japan, Eco Value Up Fund, also Forest Fund.
- 56 Japanese banks-April 2009, 'Regional Bank Federation for Protecting Japanese Forests', plus Japanese forest conservation summit in December 2009 in Kyoto.
- Paying For Ecosystems-an environmental scheme now being trialled in Vietnam, one in the Dong Nai River Basin and the other in Son La province.
- Carbon Minus House to use Lithium-Ion Batteriesby Sumitomo Forestry Co, Japanese home builder
- Carbon Positive-Forest Carbon resource centre, Forest Carbon Standards.
- CIFORreport on investors losing billions on environmentally destructive pulp mills by Consultive Group on International Agricultural Research on ens-newswire.
- Citigroup, world's largest bank, 2004 determines to not finance the destruction of old growth forests anywhere in the world.
- FACT Net-Forest, Farm, and Community Tree Network
- FFDP-Forest Footprint Disclosure Project, annual Global Forest Footprints Report, includes info on forests torn down to make room for biofuel crops.
- GCS-Global Conservation Standard. Conservation Credits for carbon reservoirs, commercial environmental easement programme.
- HSBC has a forest loans review policy. but: Global Witness-reports, spring 2007, that involvement in IPO of Samling violates these guidelines. Turns out Samling is being sued by 2 groups in Malaysian courts- locals vs forest co., and subs Barama had in January 2007 its' FSC certification suspended.
- i-tree tools-urban forestry analysis + benefits assessment tool. computer program from Google that calculates CO2 absorption rate of an entire eco-system and amount of carbon sequestered.
- Malua BioBank-rainforest conservation project in Sabah, see also Malua Wildlife Habitat Conservation Bank
- Map of last forests-Greenpeace info about remaining forests.
- Nature Conservancy-live nest-cam of bald eagle chick.
- Rainforest Portal-campaign to end ancient forest logging
- RAN-Rainforest Action Network
- Resources for the Future- Global Forest Carbon Mechanism, global market for forest carbon assets.
- REDD-The Forest Dialogue's Initiative on Forests and Climate Change summary at Worldwatch Institute
- Thailand- re land issues
- Toyota- afforestation initiative of thousands of hectares of land.
- TreeCanada-NFP working with trees in urban areas.
- watashinomori-website connects people with forests
- WBCSD-report available: Ecosystems Publication, 2 Feb 09.
- WBCSD-report available: Sustainable Procurement of Wood and Paper-based Products Guide and Resource Kit, 4 Feb 09.
- WBCSD-report available: Valuing the Priceless, 12 Dec 08.
- WWF-World Wildlife Fund
- WWF-report available: Amazon could prosper thanks to emission payments, be lost without, 10 Feb 09.
- note that there is a triple greenwashing kerfuffle happening now regarding FSC certification standards/greenwashing which in Clayoquot Sound certifies controversial 'conservation economy' logging of old growth rainforest [kerfuffle 1. Q. how does one 'sustainably' log 900+ year old trees? A. one can't -unless wait 900 years for a second cut -which makes the term 'conservation' in the Ecotrust's 'conservation economy' ideas a greenwashing concept in Clayoquot Sound -whereas it no doubt is a good idea elsewhere] timber as FSC certified whereas [kerfuffle 2. -] hardware stores that claim in good faith to have 'no old growth lumber' policies depend on FSC certified lumber to be truely no old growth cut lumber. [kerfuffle 3. -] Various environmental groups are putting pressure on FSC to return to the integrity of original FSC standards, with no old growth lumber certification returning to truly meaning no old growth lumber.
- deforestation article-Forest monitoring using Google’s Earth Engine, google blog Wednesday 12/16/2009
- Ramsar Convention-1975, see also -Ramsar.org
- Solace in Money Plant- by Richard Mahapatra August 15, 2012
- UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization surveys 42 investors with $32B in forestry – ‘Timberland in Institutional Portfolios: Can Significant Investment Reach Emerging Markets?’
- EIA: 'Anti-corruption activists need help bringing iIlegal loggers to justice'-by Faith Doherty, 17th April, 2012, Ecologist
- Justice for Forests: Improving Criminal Justice Efforts to Combat Illegal Logging report-World Bank report, March 2012.
- RESPONSE: The flawed arguments behind biomass-by Robert Palgrave, 27th March, 2012, Ecologist
- Green Desserts-Timber goes green with sustainable sourcing, 2500 acre teak plantations
- Friends of Clayoquot Sound-Tofino, BC. See also-FOCS “talks to the money” at Imperial Metals AGM-May 29th, 2013
- The Nature Conservancy.
- NCC-Nature Conservancy Canada
- Historic Local Community Pathways in Japan Help Protect Green Spaces
from Developers-Japan for Sustainability Newsletter #125
- ForestIndustry.com-letter re TD
- Ritsumeikan University Develops Self-Powered Plant Monitoring System-JFS Newsletter No.129 (May 2013), Posted: 2013/06/19
- Bioluminscent trees could light up our streets-March 31, 2014, by Janet Fang
- Seub Nakhasathien Foundation-Huay Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary, Udon Thani, Thailand
Go To HOME PAGE,