FLARE GAS TO POWER
Go To HOME PAGE, Biodigesters, Wastes to Power
FLARE GAS TO POWER
- Alberta Energy Corp. honourable mention, (now Encana), for pipeline flow-testing innovation instead of flaring the gas. also in regards to the NanPaz project in Ecuador.
- Altek Power- APK on TSX.V, Williston Green Flared Gas Electrical Generation Facility (<1MW), also biomass.
- Baytex-on TSX, Gas flaring to power proposed electricity station in Alberta Peace, Plant would 'significantly' reduce flaring and emissions, company says, by Jonny Wakefield, Dawson Creek Mirror, July 27, 2016, check if got built
- Boralex Inc.- BLX.A, BLX.DB on TSX, operates a power station in Ecuador that takes flared gas to make power,
also has hydro and wastewood power plants in Canada and USA. also wind in France.
- Exxon Promises to Cut Greenhouse-Gas Emissions, End Flaring by 2030
- Fluor Corporation-FLR on NYSE, technical partner to see-Man Group Associated Gas and Global Environment Fund. see also-news story july 18, 2008.
- Man Group-EMG on LON, investment firm, subsidiary MTM Capital Partners will manage the Associated Gas and Global Environment Fund in partnership with the Abu Dhabi government-owned International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) which will invest in projects that capture flared gas. See-Next Edge Capital
- Maxim Power Corp.-MXG on TSX.V, Gift Lake flared gas power production. also biomass/landfill gas power, co-gen, Majority of revenue is from diesel electric operations in Cambodia. March 2010 amalgamated with Earthfirst Canada Inc (see-wind).
- Photon Control Inc-PHO on TSX.V, gas flow meters for flare stacks, 8-30", 150m/s, 300psi.
- FLNG-Shell to Build the World's First Ever Floating LNG Plant, by Charles Kennedy, 20 September 2012
- Sherritt Power Corporation- U on TSX, www=? Flared gas power in Cuba.
- TotalZero Routine Flaring by 2030-initiative led by the World Bank with support from: nine countries, 10 oil companies and six development institutions.
- AM0009- CDM standard AM0009: Recovery and utilization of gas from oil fields that would otherwise be flared or vented --- Version 7.0
- Raylew Power- flaregas gensets
- The next major ESG opportunity for investors in Europe-By Ben Ratner, Published: January 15, 2020, EDF
- Industry evolves to address flaring-In the early days of the oil industry in Alberta, people would travel from Calgary to see gas flares from the Turner Valley oil wells light up the night sky. by Stephen Ewart, Calgary Herald, May 13, 2014
- Flare gas meters
- Can fossil fuel companies find a place in a climate-friendly world?-EDF, By Fred Krupp, July 24, 2019, 75 million metric tons methane released per year. MethaneSAT to track.
- New Permian data show how worst offenders prevent progress on flaring-EDF, By Colin Leyden, August 15, 2019
- Industry-backed white paper low-balls oil & gas methane impact-By Ilissa Ocko, February 28, 2018, EDF blog
- Methane a potential blind spot for Canadian oil and gas industry, says investor-By Sean Wright, March 1, 2018, EDF blog
- Commitment to end flaring is a boost for climate talks-Eco-Business, April, 2015
- flare gas in North Dakota-Ceres report
- Methion Corp-has process to address this issue.
- Genalta Power Inc.-flare gas to power
- Advanced Furnace Optimization and Flaring Reduction- October 4-6, 2010, Kuala Lumpur, by UNI Strategic Pte Ltd.
- Flares on YouTube
- Billion Dollar Bonfire- a movie about 150 billion cubic metres of gas burnt off or 'flared' every year.
- Earth Report documentary about wasted flare gas.
- Flare gas is a big problem globally - see Billion Dollar Bonfire- a movie about 150 billion cubic metres of gas burnt off or 'flared' every year.
- "A vast gas plant in Nigeria would not qualify as a green project" - Sean Kidney quoted in Eco-Business. Not a green project for sure, but a climate project for sure, leading to a climate bond potentially, and if not, then for sure a 'transition bond'. More info, see Invest Green webpage on Flaring.
Go To HOME PAGE, Biodigesters