FLARE GAS TO POWER
Go To HOME PAGE, Biodigesters, Wastes to Power
FLARE GAS TO POWER
- Alberta Energy Corp. honourable mention, (now Encana), for pipeline flow-testing innovation instead of flaring the gas. also in regards to the NanPaz project in Ecuador.
- Altek Power- APK on TSX.V, Williston Green Flared Gas Electrical Generation Facility (<1MW), also biomass.
- Boralex Inc.- BLX.A, BLX.DB on TSX, operates a power station in Ecuador that takes flared gas to make power,
also has hydro and wastewood power plants in Canada and USA. also wind in France.
- Fluor Corporation-FLR on NYSE, technical partner to see-Man Group Associated Gas and Global Environment Fund. see also-news story july 18, 2008.
- Man Group-EMG on LON, investment firm, subsidiary MTM Capital Partners will manage the Associated Gas and Global Environment Fund in partnership with the Abu Dhabi government-owned International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) which will invest in projects that capture flared gas.
- Maxim Power Corp.-MXG on TSX.V, Gift Lake flared gas power production. also biomass/landfill gas power, co-gen, Majority of revenue is from diesel electric operations in Cambodia. March 2010 amalgamated with Earthfirst Canada Inc (see-wind).
- Photon Control Inc-PHO on TSX.V, gas flow meters for flare stacks, 8-30", 150m/s, 300psi.
- Sherritt Power Corporation- U on TSX, www=? Flared gas power in Cuba.
- Industry-backed white paper low-balls oil & gas methane impact-By Ilissa Ocko, February 28, 2018, EDF blog
- Methane a potential blind spot for Canadian oil and gas industry, says investor-By Sean Wright, March 1, 2018, EDF blog
- Commitment to end flaring is a boost for climate talks-Eco-Business, April, 2015
- Zero Routine Flaring by 2030-initiative led by the World Bank with support from: nine countries, 10 oil companies and six development institutions.
- flare gas in North Dakota-Ceres report
- FLNG-Shell to Build the World's First Ever Floating LNG Plant, by Charles Kennedy, 20 September 2012
- Methion Corp-has process to address this issue.
- Genalta Power Inc.-flare gas to power
- Advanced Furnace Optimization and Flaring Reduction- October 4-6, 2010, Kuala Lumpur, by UNI Strategic Pte Ltd.
- GGFR-World Bank Global Gas Flaring Reduction Project
- Global Forum on Flaring Reduction + Gas Utilization- Dec 3-5, 2008, Amsterdam
- Flares on YouTube
- Billion Dollar Bonfire- a movie about 150 billion cubic metres of gas burnt off or 'flared' every year.
- Earth Report documentary about wasted flare gas.
Go To HOME PAGE, Biodigesters