ETFs- Exchange Traded Funds
Go To HOME PAGE
Of Note: One cannot 'buy' an Index. Some Indexes have a 'ticker' and are listed on various stock markets but one cannot 'buy' this ticker symbol, such being for reference purposes only. Some firms offer ETFs based on the ticker or on an unlisted Index which one can invest in. This list of ETFs is only basic and not a comprehensive list. The rapid growth of popularity of ETFs means that this page will not be an up-to-date list.
ETF.com-excellent research site
- Chikyu Ondanka Fund-by Shinko Investment Trust of Japan, May 2006; based on KLD Global Climate 100 Index-by KLD Research & Analytics Inc, companies working on solutions to climate change.
- Claymore/MAC Global Solar Index (ETF)-TAN on NYSE ARCA, April 24, 2008, global solar etf.
- -Claymore S&P Global Water ETF-on AMEX and TSX, based on S&P Water Index- SPGTAQUA on AMEX.
- First Trust ISE Global Wind Energy Index Fund-was:FAN on NYSE ARCA, June 18, 2008 launched, first wind etf, based on ISE Global Wind Energy Index, of note: maybe 30% of the co's included derive <1% of revenues from wind but also are weighted differently in the etf than pure wind co's to reflect such..
- FAN- name changed to First Trust Global Wind Energy ETF on 12/14/2016. Only pure-play wind ETF on markets
- First Trust-ISE Water Index ETF-FIW on NASDAQ, based on ISE Water Index-
- First Trust-NASDAQ Clean Edge Liquid Series Index Fund-QCLN on NASDAQ, since Feb 2007, based on Clean Energy US Liquid Series Index-CELS on NASDAQ, November 2006 start, calculated on price return basis.
- First Trust-GRID on NASDAQ, First Trust Advisors NASDAQ Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure ETF to track equity index NASDAQ OMX Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index.
- Fixed Income Securities Unit Trust-KLD Global Climate 100 Index ADT127-Series 1. May 2007. based on KLD Global Climate 100 Index-by KLD Research & Analytics Inc, companies working on solutions to climate change.
- GreenEffects NAI Fund-Europe, ISIN IE0005895655, WKN 580265, GreenEffects Investment Plc, based on NAI Index.
- Guiness Atkinson Alternative Enery Fund-GAAEX on NASDAQ, mutual fund, since March 2007.
- Impax ETFs-based on IMPAX ET50- worlds 50 largest listed co's operating in environmental sector. Has more ETFs.
- Indexchange Investments AG-on FSE, based on DJ EUROSTOXX Sustainability 40 Index.
- KWT-fund closed. last trade Sept 29, 2017
- New Alternatives Fund-NALFX on NASDAQ, mutual fund, prospectus at site.
- PowerShares-PZD on AMEX, PowerShares Clean Tech Portfolio, based on Cleantech Index-CTIUS on AMEX.
- PowerShares-PXI on AMEX, PowerShares Dynamic Energy Sector ETF. wind&solar + oil&gas.
- PowerShares-PXN on AMEX, PowerShares Lux Nanotech Portfolio, based on Lux Nanotech Index.
- PowerShares-PHO on AMEX, PowerShares Water Resources Portfolio, based on Palisades Water Index-.
- PowerShares-PBW on AMEX, PowerShares WilderHill Clean Energy Portfolio, based on WilderHill Clean Energy Index-ECO on AMEX. options on CCX.
- PowerShares-PUW on AMEX, PowerShares WilderHill Progressive Energy Portfolio, based on WilderHill Progresive Energy Index-WHPRO.
- PowerShares-PBD on AMEX, PowerShares Global Clean Energy Portfolio
- PowerShares Global Wind Energy Portfolio-PWND on AMEX
- Van Eck-GEX on NYSE, Market Vectors-Global Alternative Energy Index ETF, since May 2007, based on Ardour Global Index-AGIXL on NYSE., options expected.
- Van Eck-EVX on AMEX, Market Vectors-Environmental Services ETF, based on AMEX Environmental Services Index, AXENV on AMEX.
- Van Eck Global Solar ETF-Sept 29, 2017 last trade, now closed, was KWT on AMEX, started 04/21/08. based on Ardour Solar Energy Index-index ticker SOLRX on AMEX. Pure Play Solar ETF.
- SRI-iShares KLD Domini 400 Social Index-DSI on AMEX, a Barclays iShares index ETF based on index developed by KLD Research & Analytics Inc in 2006.
- SRI-iShares CDN Jantzi Social Index ETF-XEN on TSX, a May 2007 Barclays iShares index ETF based on Jantzi Social Index
- SRI-KLD Domini 400 Social Index-developed by KLD Research & Analytics Inc in 2006 based on Domini's SRI Fund selections. also called DS 400 Social Index. in 2007 the index is basis for SRI focussed ETFs- Barclays iShares KLD 400 Social Index ETF (Nov 06)-DSI on AMEX, Green Century Equity Fund ETF (Nov 06), Northern Trust's NTGISRI Large Cap Equities Index Strategy ETF.
- Pax World ETF's
Go To HOME PAGE, Index List,