Invest Green Inc.
Ecosystem Services/Natural Capital/Biodiversity
HOME PAGE, LINKS INDEX
Ecosystem Services/Natural Capital/Biodiversity
- Earth Sanctuaries-on Bendigo Stock Market, world's first listed conservation company. note: some financial troubles to start 2002.
- Invest in artificial glaciers in Tibet- through crowdfunding
- also, from the Banks page, a list of stock-market listed banks which are signatories of the Natural Capital Declaration at Rio+20 as follows:
- Banco Bilbao Vizcayo Argentaria SA,
- China Merchants Bank Co Ltd,
- Credit Suisse, Unearthing investor action on biodiversity. The aim of this study is to take stock of where investors currently stand in terms of addressing biodiversity.
- Nedbank Group Ltd,
- Robeco Groep NV,
- Standard Chartered Bank,
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings Inc,
- UniCredit SpA,
- How can investors take action on biodiversity?- RI with Credit Suisse, Wednesday 21 April 2021, 09:00 EST
- The Informal Working Group for the Task Force on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD), contributing to the creation of a framework that will help financial institutions identify and mitigate the impact of their actions on nature and biodiversity
- UN Summit on Biodiversity in 2020, a campaign launched by over 130
organisations called for member states to commit an initial USD500 billion to support nature conservation worldwide.
- UN Biodiversity Conference COP 15 in 2021,
- IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, “the fact that you’re not accommodating the impact you’re having on biodiversity will impact your cost of capital in the future. This will be a much bigger risk than anything else.” Frank Hawkins, North America Director, IUCN
- The Natural Capital Myth and Other Stories- 12 years of Essays on Nature, Finance and Value(s) – by Sian Sullivan
- Is natural capital a material issue?- An evaluation of the relevance of biodiversity and ecosystem services to accountancy professionals and the private sector, by: ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), Fauna & Flora International (FFI), and KPMG
- ‘The finance sector must go beyond business as usual to solve the biodiversity loss crisis’-By Eric Usher and ... on Oct 15, 2020
- 2020 Global Biodiversity Framework at the UN Biodiversity Conference (CBD COP15) in China,
- Global Fund for Coral Reefs, $500m over the next 10 years, supporting businesses and finance mechanisms that improve the health of coral reefs and associated ecosystems, while empowering local communities and enterprises.
- Blue Economy Finance Initiative
- 2020- for the first time ever, the top five global risks from the World Economic Forum’s Global Risk Report all came from a single category: the environment
- ENCORE developed by the Natural Capital Finance Alliance, tools available for financial institutions to help financial institutions better understand their impacts and dependencies on nature and integrate natural capital risks into their activities
- UN Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC)
- Tide turning for Mekong protesters-Civic groups and conservationists opposed to massive river development are raising the stakes and involving Western nations, 7 DEC 2020
- Center for Biological Diversity-Study Finds Staggering Economic Benefit From Protecting Wetlands, March 12, 2020 - by Kimberly M. S. Cartier
- We have 10 years to save Earth's biodiversity as mass extinction caused by humans takes hold, UN warns-By Jessie Yeung, CNN, January 14, 2020
- Minnesota just allocated nearly a million dollars in incentives for people to transform their lawns into bee-friendly wildflowers, clover and native grasses.
- NEONICOTINOID INSECTICIDES AND BATS An assessment of the direct and indirect risks Pierre Mineau and Carolyn Callaghan,
published by Canadian Wildlife Federation
- Empire of the Beetle-Andrew Nikiforuk
Aichi Biodiversity Targets
- New alliance launches plan to save the planet-10 June 2019, The Global Commons Alliance, launched this week at the Ecosperity 2019 conference in Singapore, brings together scientists, financiers, policymakers and the general public to leverage science-based solutions to sustain fragile ecosystems.
- The growing case for conservation finance- 06 April 2017, Companies: Mirova, Natixis Global Asset Management, Credit Suisse, McKinsey, Conservation International, Encourage Capital, Althelia Ecosphere, ACRE Investment Management, Moringa Partnership, Finance in Motion, IFC, CalSTRS, TIAA-CREF, QBE, Zoma Capital, Pescador Holdings, Rare
- Can putting a dollar value on ecosystems save them?-By Feng Zengkun, Tuesday 28 March 2017
- Aleph-‘Living-Things-Friendly-Rice-Paddies’ project 2014, Japan
- Goldman Sachs 2014 Environmental Finance Innovation Summit-Feb 13, 2014, White Paper summary - retrieved October 22, 2014, has a section on ecosystems
- Amazonia Security Agenda-Ecosystems Services Law, Peru
- event-National Mitigation & Ecosystem Banking Conference-May 7-10, 2013, New Orleans
- event-2013 National Mitigation & Ecosystem Banking Conference -May 07-10, 2013, New Orleans.
- Japan's Toyama Bay: Working to Restore the Links between Forests, Rivers, and the Sea-JFS Newsletter No.96 (August 2010)
- Payment for Ecosystems Guide- UK
- Natural Capital Declaration
- The NCD Roadmap- UNEP FI, May 2013
- Global Canopy Programme-Tropical Forest focus.
- Natural Capital Project- Forbes article.
- Nature and its role in a green economy-TEEB – The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity
- JFS Newsletter No.109 (September 2011)- Technologies to Save the Earth -- Learning from Nature (Part 1)- "JFS's 'Get Inspired by Nature' Project" (No. 1)- Interview with Prof. Emile H. Ishida, Tohoku University, Written by Junko Edahiro [This project is supported by Hitachi Environment Foundation],
- JFS Newsletter No.110 (October 2011)- "JFS's 'Get Inspired by Nature' Project" (No. 2), Interview with Prof. Emile H. Ishida, Tohoku University, Written by Junko Edahiro, This project is supported by Hitachi Environment Foundation
- JFS "Get Inspired by Nature" Project
- conservation relies on a wakening consciousness to save the world- by Ashlea Jones, 19 July 2012
- A Promising Pathway- by Pushpan Kumar – Chief of Ecosystem Service Economics Unit, UNEP, August 15, 2012
- UN- World Bank Led, Wealth Accounting and Valuation of Ecosystem Services – Inclusive Wealth Index
- Sustaining Life: How Our Health Depends on Biodiversity-by Eric Chivian, M.D., Aaron Bernstein, M.D., M.P.H., Oxford Press, 2010
- IHDP-International Human Dimensions Programme on Global Environmental Change
- Sustainability Index-UNEP NEWS CENTRE, Jun 17, 2012, A New Balance Sheet for Nations: Launch of Sustainability Index that Looks Beyond GDP - Growth Masks Fact that Natural Resources Facing Rapid Depletion in 19 out of 20 Countries Assessed
- Natural Capital Leadership Compact-at Rio+20, 15 large companies
- book-Natural Capitalism – Creating the Next Industrial Revolution by Paul Hawken, Amory Lovins, L Hunter Lovins
- World Bank-Massive Show of Support for Action on Natural Capital Accounting At Rio Summit, June 20, 2012
- businessGreen-Dec 3, 2012 article, "What is natural capital accounting?", by Will Nichols
- Carbon Forestry: Environmental Asset Or Liability?-by John Gould, November 9th, 2012, in Ecologist
- WBCSD-report available: Ecosystems Publication, 2 Feb 09.
- Japanese Cabinet Approves National Biodiversity Strategy 2012-2020-September 2012
- E-RISC-environmental analysis and sovereign bonds, UNEP FI
- Biodiversity offsets: voluntary and compliance regimes-a review of existing schemes, initiatives and guidance for financial institutions, August 2012, UNEP FI
- ESA-Ecological Society of America, since 1915
- Trends in Biodiversity-Environmental Literacy Council
- Global Issues-biodiversity issues
- War- Environmental Valuation and Cost-Benefit News.
- article re cost of war ($300B) vs Kyoto ($320B) from May 10, 2006 Washington Post.
- Liberty, Markets, and Environmental Values-A Hayekian Defense of Free-Market Environmentalism- by Mark Pennington, 2005
- Pricing Nature-by Paul Evans, Resurgence & Ecologist, November/December 2012
- Indicator of doom-by Vibha Varshney, regarding ecosystem fluctuations before collapse
- Building a New Environmentalism-by James Murray, businessGreen.
- JFS "Get Inspired by Nature" Project
- Friends of Clayoquot Sound-Tofino, BC. See also-FOCS “talks to the money” at Imperial Metals AGM-May 29th, 2013
- The Nature Conservancy.
- NCC-Nature Conservancy Canada
- A new way to protect oceans- by Lee Crockett, McClatchy-Tribune News Service May 7, 2013
- Diclofenac, Cattle, and Vultures
- Seub Nakhasathien Foundation-Huay Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary, Udon Thani, Thailand
- Sanctuary with a proud past-Premchai arrest helps keep conservation in limelight, 12 Feb 2018, WRITER: APINYA WIPATYOTIN AND ANCHALEE KONGRUT
- frog using umbrella
- Foundation For Deep Ecology
Climate Change Supercharged
- A Student Writes...Global Extinction Within One Lifetime-in Ecologist, July 2012
- Too late for two degrees-report by PwC
- Biodiversity supercharged
- Honeybees and neonicotinoids-New data on honeybee deaths proves we must change, By Scott Sutherland, Geekquinox, July 27,2013
- Recall of the wild- by Author(s): Smita Pandey, Jun 30, 2013
- Lifestyles affecting climate change
- Weapons of Mass Migration: Are You a Target?-21 DECEMBER 2017, blogspot, climate change and migration
- March 2018 legal challenge California vs oil companies
- Why the ecotourism industry must embrace clean energy solutions-Eco-Business, Martin Baart, Wednesday 28 February 2018
Go Back To